Christmas with the alpha

With everything that had been going on, I decided I wanted to do things all Christmas. I know, people probably think I'm nuts but it kept some kind of normalcy in my life. At least I deserve that much.

Trying to get Erik to do things with me was like pulling teeth. Fine. If he wants to be a stick in the mud then so be it. I was going to enjoy Christmas without his moping attitude. So, I did what any good Luna would do, I forbid him to come near me. He whined, I rolled my eyes. Suck it up buttercup. Why should my holiday get ruined because you have a stick up your ass?

My parents and I decorated the tree, made Christmas cookies and watched movies until we were rudely interrupted. There was a knock at the door and mom answered it as we paused the movie. Dad and I huffed.

"Oh relax," she told us as she answered the door. She opened it and looked at Erik, "rough day?"

"Rough three days," he said.

I got up and walked over to her. Crossing my arms, I looked at him.

"Ana, come on."

"Erik, it's Christmas. I want one day where we are playing ring around the wolf pack," I said emphatically.

"But."

"But nothing. No Christmas, no mate," I smirked as he looked at me, not happy.

I wasn't budging. My life has been flipped upside down. I got thrown into some freaky world with no say and all I wanted was one day of normal human behavior. Is that too much to ask?

He looked at me as I looked back at him. I wasn't backing down until he finally caved.

"Fine," he said conceding to defeat.

I jumped up and down, clapping as he shook his head. I threw my arms around his neck as he pulled me close to him.  He pressed his lips to mine, then I dragged him over to the couch.

My parents laughed as we sat down on the couch. We turned on a Christmas movie and he looked at me strangely.

"What," I asked him.

"When did Die Hard become a Christmas movie," he asked me.

"Pft, Die Hard has always been a Christmas movie. See John McClain is trying to get home to his family then you have a bunch of terrorists hijack the place want the release of a criminal that is family," I told him as he gave me that look that said I was nuts.

Some people want the traditional Christmas type of movie. Well, we weren't exactly traditional people, so it made sense.

We watched other movies like Gremlins, Krampus, Silent Night: Deadly Night. Told you we weren't your average family. Erik on the other hand decided he wanted to watch A Christmas Story. Pft, scaredy cat. You think for someone that could change into a wolf, he would be able to deal with little green monsters running around, terrorizing a town around Christmas.

While we watched movies, I felt something being placed around my neck. I looked down as he clasped the chain and picked it up. It was of the moon.

I picked it up with hand and looked at it

"I thought that would help you remind you of your wolf side and that your my Luna," he said as I looked at him.

At that moment, I realized how important it was for Erik that I was his Luna. With everything happening so quickly, this wasn't just an adjustment for me but him as well and I hadn't made things easy for him.

"I know I haven't exactly made this easy for you but Erik, no matter what, I will always be your Luna," I assured him. He looked at me and at that moment, I saw unconditional love. Erik wasn't so possessive as he had a deep love for me.

I got up and walked over to the tree. I picked up a package and handed it to him. He took it and opened it. He pulled out a tribal bracelet.

He set the box down and looked at it

"I thought because your family came from a reservation, this would help you remember how important your heritage is," I said simply.

He ran his thumbs over it as he looked at me.

"I love it," he said a small smile formed upon his lips.

I watched as he placed it on his wrist and looked at it. I know most meant wouldn't think it was manly but the truth was, having been born on a reservation, this was important to Erik. Yeah, he was born being able to change into a wolf but he didn't get a choice in the matter. Sometimes, we don't get to pick things in our lives but we do get to chose how we handle it.

He leaned over and gave me a kiss before pulling me into him. I had to admit, this was one of the best Christmas ever.

We laid on the couch as snow fell silently on the ground, having no idea what was to come. As we enjoyed the peace at the moment, we knew it wasn't to last. Come New Year's Eve, everything would change and not for the good.

A new enemy would emerge while we came to a terrible realization about an old one. It would be a night, none of us would forget.