Recovering

Erik

When I woke up, I had one thing on my mind, to go after the other pack. That was until I saw Ana on the couch sleeping. She looked terrible.

I walked over and knelt down on the floor next to her. Taking my hand, I brushed her hair away from her face. Then I saw dried blood on her clothes as she slept.

"She'll be fine. She was given a cocktail of wolfsbane and a potion to subdue her possibly killing her," dad told me causing me to become furious.

"Erik, you need to calm down. Your rage won't help her and will get you killed because you're not thinking like an alpha," he reasoned.

I looked at Ana, "I know who did this. I want to kill them and tear out their throats."

"I know. I was the same way when they killed your mother but I knew I had been weaken because I lost my mate. I don't want you to suffer the same fate as I did," he advise me.

The truth was I knew he was right. The other pack was waiting for me to show. They knew if I showed without my pack then they would be able to take me. I had to think as alpha not as a teenage boy.

I sat down next to her and stayed with her. Until she awoke, I wouldn't leave her side.

*********
I awoke and felt weak until someone told me to take it easy. I looked to see Christian as he handed me a cup. I took a sip and laid down. I noticed Erik sleeping on the floor next to me.

"He hasn't moved since you've been here," Christian explained.

"Why?"

"Because he loves you," he said simply as I looked at Erik who slept next to the couch.

"How long have I been here," I questioned him.

"Three days," he answered as I looked at him confused. "You were given a cocktail of wolfsbane and a potion to sedate you but it could kill you if they hadn't brought you here. I spoke with your mother and she told me what I needed to counteract the potion side effects and I had something to counteract wolfsbane."

"I feel like hell," I groaned.

"Well, you look like hell," I heard a deep voice say as I turned to see Erik sitting up, rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you," I said to him.

"Acute hearing. It wouldn't had matter. I can hear everything," he shrugged.

"So, your dad says you love me," I said bluntly as Erik looked at Christian.

"I think I'm just going to make something to help Ana get her strength back," he said as he turned and quickly left the room.

Erik sighed as he got up and picked up my legs as he took a seat on the couch with me.

"Yes, I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you since I first saw you on the track and I didn't even know your name. I just knew your scent was enticing. My mom has told us that when you fall in love with your mate, their scent becomes intoxicating. It becomes a drug and you can't get enough. I didn't believe her until I met you," he explained as I laid there listening to him.

"When I saw them take you, I felt an uncontrollable rage and ended up killing one," he confessed as I looked at him.

The truth was, I fell in love with Erik but not as quickly as he did with me. It was so scary to allow yourself to be vulnerable to another and hoping they love you back. It was always a gamble.

"So, you love me," he asked me, breaking me from my thoughts.

I looked at him as a smile curled upon his lips.

"How did....." I started to ask but stopped, "nevermind. You can read my thoughts," I finished.

He chuckled as I shook my head. This was going to be difficult to hide my thoughts from him unless.

"What," he asked.

I decided to try something. I closed my eyes and concentrated then I thought about something. I opened my eyes as he looked at me confused.

"Well are you going to tell me?"

"What? Can't you read my mind?"

"No," he said confused then a smiled curled upon my lips. He thought about it then realized what I did.

"Cute."

"I thought so," I giggled as he shook his head. I had managed to create a shield blocking him from reading my thoughts. That meant if I could do it to him, then I could do it to others. That's what I did. I created a shield. No one could read my thoughts and they would remain private. I had a feeling this would come in handy later on.

Mom had contacted the school to tell them I had contracted a virus and would be out all week. Yeah a virus that was actually a deadly cocktail that almost killed me. But sure, we'll go with her version.

I stayed at Erik's while I recovered. Christian wanted to monitor me while I recuperated. Erik took me up to his room and got me situated in his bed. Once I was comfortable, I looked at him, "is this your way of getting me into your bed?"

He gave me a look, "considering you're not even in heat yet? That would be a no."

"Eh, semantics," I shrugged as I laid there like a slug. He left the room as I looked around. He had a very interesting room. It was decorated with pictures and he had a collection of books. He had a dresser, closet and desk. Plus it was neat. Not your typical teen guy's room.

I slid out of bed and walked over to his desk. I saw a drawing laying upon it. I picked it up and looked at it. It was a drawing of me.

"You shouldn't be out of bed," a husky voice spoke as I jumped out of my skin.

I looked at him as I placed my hand on my chest, "don't do that."

"Sorry," he apologized as I shook my head.

"Did you draw this," I asked curious about the picture.

"Yeah.  I wanted to be able to see you when I wasn't with you," he reasoned.

I looked at him as he smiled back at me. That made me feel better. I set the picture down and made my way back to bed. I was exhausted.

Once my head hit the pillow, I drifted off to sleep. Erik climbed in next to me and laid down with me. He fell asleep right next to me.

There was something about being someone's mate. It brings a certain comfort, knowing no matter what, they will never leave you as I would find out when our bond was created.