The Luna witch

Christian

I stood with Erik and Ana as Erik held Silas.

Abigail turned, strode toward us, and stopped when she reached us. "We welcome you to the circle." She opened her arms wide.

Erik stood stoic, but there was a shift in the atmosphere. I glanced at Ana, who didn't move.

"Shall we begin?" Abigail turned and walked toward the altar. When she reached it, she raised her arms and chanted.

"Erik, check on your Luna," I whispered.

Erik turned slightly toward Ana and leaned into her. "Are you okay?"

Ana didn't respond.

"Ana, answer your Alpha."

Ana turned her head but didn't speak.

"Step back," I instructed Erik.

"What's happening?" Erik asked.

Before I responded, Ana looked straight ahead and levitated off the ground as her head fell back.

"Abagail! Stop!" I ordered.

Abigail continued to chant until light surrounded Ana. Abagail spun around to see Ana floating in the air with her arms out. "Christian."

I held up my palm to silence Abigail. The light dispersed as Ana floated down until her feet touched the ground. She looked at Erik, Silas, and me with pure white eyes.

******
The Luna

The people gathered around became silent as I cocked my head. What fool would gather people to their impending doom?

Then I zeroed in on a weak witch. The witch stood absolutely still. I crept toward her until I gazed into her eyes and studied her. "Why did you summon me?"

"I-I didn't," the witch spoke.

"You lie." I moved past the witch and walked toward the altar as a metal bowl held herbs. "You were planning to link my son with a weakling. Explain yourself." I ran my finger around the rim of the bowl.

The witch straightened her shoulders and held her head high. "I wanted to create a unity between the Tempus witches and the King Alpha."

"You want to unite your coven with my Alpha. Are you mad?"

"It will offer a truce between the Tempus coven and the King's pack. We will offer protection from any Tempus creature invading your territory."

Before the witch reacted, I stood before her and held her up by the throat. I held out my free hand, stopping the Tempus coven from attacking. My fingertips pressed into the witch's skin as I squeezed.

"Luna!" My Alpha commanded.

My grip loosened.

"Put Abigail down."

I stood motionless.

"As your Alpha, I order you to release Abigail."

I turned my head as burnt orange eyes met my white eyes. I lowered the witch to the feet and removed my hand. My Alpha stepped toward me as I lowered my head.

"Proceed with the unity ritual," Erik told the witch.

The witch hurried to the altar and proceeded to chant. The wind increased as everything around us swirled. My alpha gripped my hand as the witch continued the ritual.

Once the witch finished, she summoned both children to the altar. Christian handed Silas to my Alpha, who carried him to the altar as another witch brought the other child toward them.