Dreamchaser

Erik

Dad and Martin dragged Azeral to the basement as I followed them. Martin opened the iron wrought door, carrying Azeral inside, then chaining his wrists, ankles, and neck after Dad dressed him. The chains were unbreakable due to our werewolf nature.

"Azeral won't wake for a while," Dad told me.

"Why attack when there are a pack and witches?" I questioned.

"Because another pack emerged challenging all packs. It's not uncommon for packs to break off and someone wanting the alpha status. Unless you're a true alpha, you won't win," Dad explained.

I glanced at Azeral, then left the cellar. I needed to figure out who wants to harm my pack and why.

******
Ana

I stood at the window, looking into the dark sky. I watched the wind blow the snow around as I moved my hand, creating a snow funnel. I stopped as the snow fell to the ground.

"You seem like you having fun?" Someone asked me.

"There's so much that I don't understand about this world. I never know it existed," I answered.

"No one does because people fear what they don't understand," Agnes said as I looked at her.

"People assume witches are bad. Why is that?" I asked.

"Because humans see us as a threat. They view all supernatural creatures as a threat," Agnes replied.

"Is there an actual threat besides the one trying to kill us?" I asked.

"Dream weavers," Agnes answered.

"What are the dream weavers?" I questioned, confused with her answer.

"Dream weavers enter a person's dream and have the power to kill someone. They weaken supernatural beings, draining their powers, but they kill humans. When a person dies in their sleep, it's from a dream weaver," Agnes explained.

Great, one more thing to add to my crazy existence. Did it ever occur to people that finding out you're a hybrid is disturbing? Now there's a new threat in town. I missed my boring teenage life when nothing happened.

"Are you okay? You seem," Erik said.

"Moody, irritated, annoyed, flabbergasted," I rattled off.

"Confused," Erik responded.

"Agnes told me about dream weavers. The next thing someone will tell me is that vampires exist," I huffed.

"They do," Martin said, plopping down into a chair.

Erik put his face in his palm.

"Are you kidding me?" I exclaimed.

"Why would I kid about an enemy? We hate vampires. They hate us. It's natural selection at its best," Martin commented.

"What else should I know? Do fairies exist? How about trolls? Ooh, unicorns," I said, mocking them.

"All of them exist," Madison said, sitting down on the couch.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I asked incredulously.

"Welcome to the supernatural world that people think exists in stories," April said, smiling.

I needed to sit down. My head was spinning with all this new information thrown at me. I'm pretty sure if I weren't a hybrid, then my head would explode.

"Uh, Erik, we have a situation," Martin said as I sat there, trying to wrap my head around everything.

I didn't notice objects floating in the air as Erik looked around the room. Then a fire started in the fireplace.