Dominance

Erik

Ana has been exerting a form of dominance due to the witch part, making her not submit completely as my Luna.  As an alpha it was unheard of for a Luna to exhibit dominant behaviors. Most Luna's were mates but conceded to the alphas.  They gave us strength.

While our parents were searching for answers to controlling both parts, I was dealing with trying to handle her as my mate even though we haven't completely bonded.  I even reluctantly agreed to let Riley help me. This didn't set well with my pack.

Packs are known for loyalty and stick with each other. Since I was alpha they had no choice but to concede to my orders.

"Why is he here," Madison asked in a huffy tone, motioning at Riley.

"Because Ana trusts him and he can help.  Don't question me," I ordered her as she quickly shut her mouth.

"Look I get it. You don't want me here because I'm not part of your pack but the truth is, I'm here for Ana," Riley reasoned.

"More like wanting to take her," Madison mumbled.  I snapped my head in her direction. Why must she be so insolent?

"You're just jealous because you want to mate with her and big dog here won't let you," Martin snickered as I rolled my eyes.

"Do you blame me?  Her scent is intoxicating," she groaned.

Ana hid behind me as Madison tried to get close. I gave her a warning look which made her promptly back off.

"Do you really think it was wise to bring her here knowing she is giving off a strong scent to all of us," April asked innocently.

"Considering the other pack is on its way, yes," I responded as April looked at me carefully.  I know my twin was looking out for us. She always did.

"We need to work with her. The more control she has the better she can handle herself," I said to all of them.  As I was getting ready to say something else, we were alerted.

I raised my finger to my lips, signaling them to be quiet. I needed to listen and hear what was upon us.

Growlllll.

"They're here," Martin said as I nodded.

We went to the front room and outside the window were five wolves, baring their teeth, releasing a growl.  Their stance was of an attack mode.  I held up my hand, waiting. We were not to attack until they made their move.

I watched as they back up and then they took a running start. Not waiting to react, I changed as I charged after the leader, fighting.  We collided as we fought, tearing at each other and snapping our jaws.  The others followed suit as we fought.

I opened my jaws and lunges in clamping down on the leader, causing a yelp to escape his mouth.  I knew why there were here and no one, and I mean know one was going to take my mate.

As we fought, a loud boom exploded, sending us flying into the air and landing onto the ground with a thud.  I stood to my feet as I shook the confusion from my head, watching as the other pack retreated into the woods.

I turned to see Ana standing there in a dominant stance, with her hand out and her eyes turned to a burnt orange color.  Her face held no emotion as both sides had emerged together. It was a sight I have never seen before.

We quickly changed back, getting dressed. I walked towards her as she stood there, having lowered her hand. She looked at me as her eyes were still the burnt orange.  Then she spoke.

"I shall protect my mate at all costs. No one shall come between us. This is my solemn vow," she spoke in a voice that was unrecognizable. 

Then as quickly as her voice emerged differently, it disappeared quickly as her eyes went normal and she looked at me, "where did they go?"

"You don't remember?"

"I just remember standing in the kitchen, trying to hide from Madison which by the way, you really need to protect me better. I thought she was going to hump my leg," she said nonchalantly as I looked at her. She shrugged and went back inside.

"That is by far the strangest Luna I have ever met," Martin said to me as I gave him a look.

We went back inside to find dad home. He was examining the destruction we made.

"I'm guessing we had company," he said to us.

"The other pack has arrived," I said as he looked at me. "The leader and I fought as did the others then Ana stopped it."

"What do you mean stopped it," he asked with furrowed brows.

"Her witch and wolf emerged as one. I've never seen anything like it before. Then as quickly as it emerged, it was gone and she has no recollection of the events," I explained.

"That makes a lot of sense now."

"Did you find anything out," I asked him.

We needed answers and fast.

"Quite a bit actually. We paid a coven a visit. They weren't happy to have wolves on the premises and quite guarded. They were also not happy to know a witch had given birth to a hybrid. Said law of nature declares it unnatural. Any hybrids shall be destroyed due to the unpredictable behavior they exhibit," he explained as I could feel my anger growing.

No way was I going to allow someone to kill my mate. She was mine.

"Relax. After much explanation about Ana, the witches agreed to help us. They explained there is a loophole in the supernatural world that allows hybrids to live but they need to show them they can coincide with humans and other supernatural beings. They want us to bring Ana to them. They will examine her and decide the next course of action. It's the only way to help her," he reasoned.

"Fine but I will coming with you," I declared.

"Erik, they don't take kindly to Alphas," he told me.

"I don't care. That's my mate. I refuse to send the lamb to the slaughter," I said as I walked away. Once an alpha has spoken, all others must follow. It was one of our sacred laws along with imprinting. Once a wolf imprints, no wolf shall harm their mate. Any wolf that goes against our laws is cast about and declared an intruder which ultimately results in death.

The pack that showed today came for my mate. I could read their thoughts and it was disturbing what they had planned. No way was I going to allow them to follow through. Even if I have to rip them apart myself.

My mate belongs to me and only me.