Erik Monroe

I've decided today was the day when I finally learn, Mr. No Name's name. I just needed the right opportunity to ask. I saw him at his locker alone and that's when I decided it was the perfect time to ask. As I made my way slowly to him, trying to garnish all my courage, I was just to him when some girl decided to talk to him.

That's when all my courage came to an abrupt halt and ran like the wind, out of the school doors. Goodbye courage. It was nice knowing you.

"If you stare any harder, you going to bore a hole into his head," Alex said as she walked up to me.

"I wasn't staring, I was just going to see if he needed any help," I said.

"Sure you were." She rolled her eyes at me. Yeah Alex never bought anything I told her.

"I was but I can see he's busy. I'll just, maybe, possibly, check later." That was a lie. When it came to guys I was horrible.

"What's Ana doing?" Kira was on the other side of Alex by this time.

"She's flaking out on talking to Mr. hottie over there."

"I was not flaking. I was just figuring out how to approach him." I tried to act casual about the whole thing.

"Uh huh, you were flaking," they both agreed. I just rolled my eyes. Sometime the double mint twins always knew how to get on my last nerve.

We started walking to class.

"Ana, this always happens. You meet or find a guy you really like and then poof, some other girl has already snatched him up," Kira said making a proofing gesture with her hand.

"Maybe I'm cursed."

"Or your just slow." I looked at Alex.

"That too." I looked at Kira. My friends were no help on this.  I think I have to come to terms that when it comes to dating, I'm going to have to wait until I graduate to maybe find someone.  Or I may end up with a bunch of cats. I'm beginning to think cats is a better option.

I decided instead of mooning over a guy which apparently I have no chance with and just focus on my senior year.

******
Erik
I saw her walking towards me and couldn't wait to talk to her until some random girl got in the way. She was babbling about something I didn't really care about. Typical teenage girl. Then I saw her talking to her friends. Hmmm I wonder what they were talking about?

I tried to focus on what they were saying but getting bits and pieces since this girl in front of me wouldn't stop talking. Why are they saying she has no chance and why does she believe them? This perplexed me.

When I saw her walk away, I decided I had enough of this girl yapping.

"Excuse me," I said making a hasty exit. I was done with blabbermouth. I tried to catch up with her but she already disappeared. At least I had classes with her.

I walked in and she was already in a seat. The other seats were taken around her. Damn it. I was regulated to a few seats away from her. I needed an excuse to get closer without making it too obvious.

Then it happened. The teacher announced a project for class. Projects suck but I'll deal with it just to have a chance to work with her. That was until the teacher announced they would pick the pairs. Ugh.

******
Another class project? Groannnnn. It's my senior year and I get stuck doing a class project. Where's Riley when you need him? At least if I had him as a partner, it wouldn't be dull. My luck I will be stuck with some boring ass person. Just shoot me now.