Learning control

We had four days to teach me how to control both sides. Four days I tell you!  These people had months. I get four days.  Does that sound fair to you?  It doesn't sound fair to me.

"Focus Ana," mom yelled as I looked at her.

I had to concentrate as I closed my eyes and raised my hand. They said to picture something in my head. So I did.

I let out a ball of energy and threw it at Erik. Oops.

"My bad!"  I yelled as he gave me a disapproving look.  I promptly stuck my tongue out at him.

"Can you not try to torch my ass," he growled.

"That's kind of sexy when you did that," I said as he furrowed his brows at me and shook his head. I just shrugged.

"Focus Ana," dad reminded me.

I nodded and took a deep breath before I ended up changing into a wolf.  Well, shit that didn't go as planned.

Erik facepalmed himself as I trotted over to him and started rubbing against him wanting to be petted.

"This is by far the strangest hybrid ever," Martin whispered to him as I turned and growled at him. "Or maybe not," he said as he stepped away.

Erik rolled his eyes at him as I sat down, putting my paw up on him.

"Maybe a new tactic is in order. We need to get her to focus and the only one she is focusing on is Erik. Let's try something different," Christian suggested as we all looked at them.

They had Erik stand away from them as I stood by him, clothed. Yes we remembered to bring clothes when I had changed back. 

Christian turned to them, "Ana is protective over Erik. If we try to attack him, then that should help. Martin your first."

"What?!  Wait a minute. Can we talk about this," he asked incredulously.

"No. Now try and attack your brother," he ordered as Martin groaned.

"Great I'm going to get my ass shiskabobed," he grumbled as he changed quickly into wolf form then charged me. Before I had a chance to react, I held out my hands stopping him.

He tried to move forward as I held him back.

"Okay, so we know, the witch side is instinct to protect. Now we need to harness it," mom said.

"But we also need to harness the wolf side," dad reminded her.

"Agreed."

"Okay Martin, stop," Christian ordered as Martin backed off.  I lowered my hand as I stood there.

"At least I didn't blow him up," I said as Erik looked at me and rolled his eyes.

They set up targets and had the wonder twins show me how to focus. They said I needed to picture the target in my mind then see it in front of me.

I thought about it then a face came to mind. I lifted my hand to form a fire ball and opened my eyes, throwing it at the target. Except I didn't hit the target but Riley.  He worked at putting out the flames as he danced around with Elena's help.

"Sorry!"

Once they got the fire out, they looked at me.

Erik leaned over and whispered, "something you're not telling me. Because that seemed like jealousy on your part."

I gave him an annoyed look as he shrugged. Leave it to my boyfriend to think the wrong thing.  I reached over and touched him with my finger as I zapped him.

"Ana!"

"Well, stop being a jealous fool," I exclaimed as he rubbed his arm.

"Anger seems to be another focal point," Phoebe said as they looked at her. "Just saying."

We worked all day and evening on learning control. I was starting to get hungry but they wanted to keep going. Yeah, my wolf wanted to be fed, so I changed and took off with yelling behind me.

As I ran looking for food, I heard footsteps behind me. It's probably Erik. I continued on until I got pounced on, knocking me off my paws. I stood up and shook my head as I turned to see three wolves I didn't recognize.

They bared their teeth as they growled circling me, while I moved trying to keep my eye on them. They snapped at me as I growled until I felt something on the backside of me. Are you freaking kidding me?!

They sunk their teeth into me to hold me still as I thrashed about as they tried to mate with me. Oh hell no! I snapped my head around, sinking my teeth into them, tearing at their flesh and fur until eyes emerged in the darkness.

The other wolves started backing off as a growl formed and the face came into view while the other wolf continued to take me, not realizing who was amongst us. Other wolves emerged as the black one lunged, attacking the one on me.

They fought as did the others while I helped the black wolf, my mate. Together we fought the wolf, sinking our teeth into it as he howled trying to fight. He was strong but we were stronger. As the other wolves fought with the ones that cornered me, my alpha and I took on the main one.

It was a fight like no other as we tore and ripped. Bones were crunching and blood pooled, until the alpha sunk his teeth into the wolves neck and ripped it apart, killing it.

Once we were done, we went after the other wolves aiding in the help of our pack. Taking out the three other wolves, we left a carnage of sorts and pieces behind.

I stood there licking my jaws as the others stood there, looking around. My mate walked up to me and nuzzled his head into me. I nuzzled back as the pack turned to us and lowered their heads in respect.

*********
Later on I sat in Erik's room on his bed as he brought me some hot tea to calm my nerves. I took it from him and sipped it.

"Not what you expected, was it," he asked me.

"He tried to mate with me. I feel so disgusted," I said in an annoyed tone.

"But he didn't succeed," he reminded me.

"Doesn't matter. He had no right," I spoke in a serious tone.

"I know but they're dead," he reassured me.

"Except one," I said to him as I looked at him.

He looked at me.

"There's five. We killed four. One is left," I said through gritted teeth.

"Then we will find the last one and kill him," he assured me.

I looked at Erik as he looked back at me. I was more than ever determined to learn control. There was a threat and I refused to be the target. I refused to have a low life wolf try to take me from my mate. I belong to the alpha and only the alpha.  They would soon find this out quickly.

                                  ********
Unknown

I finished packing as I zipped up my last bag. My father walked into my room, "finished?"

"Yeah."

"Remember, keep hidden and think about everything we taught you," he said to me.

"I will. They took someone from me. Now I will take them all out," I said with an anger so massive that it would work to my advantage. 

It was an instinct I was born with. Hunt. Kill.  Rid the planet of them. They were unnatural. How nature could create them was beyond me. That's why there were people like them.

Being taught and learning who I was, never scared me. Coming across one proved my destiny. I was their worst nightmare and I would show them all.

Now it's time to hunt. They just won't know that I was the hunter.