The start of problems

I went to school and opened my locker. I was still confused about what happened the other day. None of it made sense. 

As soon as I closed my locker, I jumped, letting out a small yelp. Erik was leaning against a locker.

"Don't do that," I huffed as I got my composure.

"Sorry but you seem a bit skiddish," he said to me.

"I've just been dealing with some personal things. By the way where have you been," I asked him a bit confused.

"Allergies," he shrugged.

"For three days," I asked him.

"I recover quickly," he said nonchalantly.

This guy was so confusing. Who the heck has allergies for three days?  As I stood there, Victoria walked by and barked at me, "stay doggie," she said as she walked by laughing with others.

What the hell?  Did I miss something?

"Ignore them," he said to me. We turned and walked to class.

"It's hard to ignore the Queen bitch when she is constantly making my life hell," I told him.

"I see," he said as I nodded.

We walked in class and took our seats. As class started, I sat there lost in my thoughts. I still had no idea what had happened and why Victoria said that.  To say I was really confused was an understatement.

What was even stranger was the fact Erik stuck close to me.  What was with this guy?  Didn't he hear of personal space?

After school, I started walking home when I was stopped.  I turned around, "where do you think you're going," he asked me.

"Home," I said.

"Then I'll give you a lift," he said as he looked at me.

"You know I'm very capable of walking," I said to him.

"I know but why walk when you can be driven home," he shrugged.

I looked at him and sighed, "fine."  I walked to his car and got inside. He climbed inside and started it. I don't know what it was but being in the car with Erik was starting to stir things inside of me. Which was odd considering I didn't feel like this a few days before.

As soon as he pulled up, I hurried up and got out of the car, running inside.  This was going to be a problem.

                                *******
Erik

Ana couldn't get out of my car fast enough. I knew it had a feeling her wolf was stirring inside her. My alpha was drawing it out but I had to keep it at bay. Her scent had become increasingly enticing.

I drove home and walked inside to see Martin eating.

"Busy day," I said to him.

"I freaking hate high school. They serve this much food," he said making a hand gesture, "and I want this much food," he motioned with his hands.

I chuckled.

"We need to hunt," I announced making Madison and April appear. Hunting keeps our hunger at bay. Wolves need more than what most people eat. Being an alpha I lead them. When I announce hunting, we hunt.

As soon as the darkness hit, we changed and went hunting. I cornered a coyote. I bared my teeth as it held it's stance. Then I lunged at it, attacking and killing. I feasted on it until little was left.

Licking my jaws, I roamed the area picking up a scent. Another pack was close. Soon Martin, Madison and April arrived by my side. We looked around as we saw eyes appear from the darkness.

My mouth curled to bare my teeth. I knew it. There was another a pack but no alpha. These wolves were omegas. They tend to be the lowest and scapegoats of the pack. They also are the most defiant and will put the pack in harms way.

As they emerged, they bared their teeth trying to defy me. My alpha emerged as I charged, putting one down. The others scampered off as the cowards they are.

I released its throat as I turned and trotted away with my pack following me. Challenge an alpha and see what happens. That was a warning to an wolves roaming freely. Next I will take on their pack.

When we arrived back at the house, we changed back. We walked inside and dad met us, "how was the hunt?"

"Fine until an omega challenged Erik," Martin said as he went to the fridge.

"What do you mean omega," he asked us.

"A pack showed but all were omegas. They challenged me and I put one down. The ran off," I told him.

He looked at us and by the looks of it, he wasn't happy about this.

"He challenged an alpha. He deserved to be put down," Madison snapped.

He turned to her, "then you fight. Don't kill. The minute you kill, it alerts others that an alpha is present. They will challenge an alpha to control a pack," he told us.

"You have no idea what you've just done," he told us as he walked away.

We all looked at each other.  Something told me there was more than why we left Florida and came here.  It was time to find out what's going on.

I walked into his office, "yes Erik?"  He didn't turn around.

"What are you not telling us," I asked him.

He stood silent.  Then a low growl was erupting deep in my throat. My alpha was emerging.

"There's another pack who wants our pack," he said simply.

"What?"

He turned to me, "I was alpha. Your mother was a Luna and my mate. When part of the pack broke off, they decided they wanted to challenge me. I stood my ground but they ultimately killed your mother.  It was a warning. In order to maintain the alpha status I had to step down and pass Alpha status to another. I chose you," he announced.

"But I was a child when she died," I looked at him with furrowed brows.

"But you had the dominance others didn't possess.  You were to be chosen as alpha when you became older, once I stepped aside," he explained.

I looked at him.

"The other pack has been alerted and on their way here. They are looking to eliminate our pack, to take over. Erik, they aren't looking out to protect anyone. They are looking to destroy," he said as I looked at him.

By killing an omega, it opened a Pandora's box. The fact I didn't have my mate yet even made it worse. I was stronger with a mate.

The question was who were the omegas we encountered and who was the pack that was coming?  My teenage years just got more complicated.