Moon Goddesses

Christian

Since our creation, moon goddesses have existed to oversee supernatural creatures. The majority of us have never met a moon goddess. It's a rarity if you do.

I grabbed a book from the bookcase and flipped through the pages to the original witches. A coven existed hundreds of years ago where the witches drew their powers from the earth. Since they were in-tuned with nature, they kept the balance between magic and humans.

I scanned through the text until I found a passage about the moon goddess, Harmony. It was Harmony's job to maintain a balance between supernatural creatures. Most of us co-existed with each other without incident until wars broke out between the species.

"What is it?" Erik asked.

"Silas is correct with what Harmony told him. Different species co-existed with each other until a few wanted more. It was her job to create unity."

"So, what happened?"

"A few species didn't like for the witches to control them. They wanted freedom. While wolves are loyal, we enjoy the freedom of running free. That's why we have packs. Alphas maintain order amongst our kind."

"What about Rory?" Silas asked me.

I glanced at Rory. His stature was small compared to Dante's. Most vampires remain their size when another vampire turns them. A vampire didn't turn him but produced him. He seemed weaker than most vampires.

"Do you feed on blood?" I asked Rory.

"Abby gives me blood bags but mixes blood into food for me," Rory spoke in a high-pitched tone.

"So, you can eat human food."

"Yes, but it tastes funny."

"How so?"

"It just tastes weird."

"What about blood?"

"It's salty." Rory scrunched his nose.

I looked at Dante. "How does blood taste to you?"

"Sweet and divine." Dante smirked.

"When the witch turned you into a vampire, when did you feed?"

"Immediately. I fed on my wife's heart."

Erik pressed his lips into a thin straight line.

"The witch must have completed the curse when you fed on your wife's heart."

Erik relaxed a bit.

"I need to speak to a few people regarding our guest and the moon goddesses." I stood up and gathered a few books.

"How long will you be gone?" Erik asked me.

"It depends on what information I gather. I'm hoping not long." 

Erik and Ana walked me to the door.

*******
Rory

I sat in the chair, planning my great escape.

"Don't even think about it," a voice said.

"Think about what?" I looked at Dante.

"Leaving. It's not happening until we figure things out."

"You can't keep me prisoner!" I jumped up from my seat.

Dante didn't move but cocked his head to me. The door slammed shut and locked. Before I turned my head, an arm pressed against my mouth. The scent drove me insane as my teeth elongated. I gripped the arm, pressed my fangs against the skin, and sunk into it.