Hear me out

Christian

I sat on a couch in their living room as Ana's mother returned with beverages. She set the tray down and I picked it up, taking a sip.  She took a seat in a chair close by to me.

"Mr. Monroe, what can I do for you?"

"It's Dr. Monroe," I corrected her causing her to become agitated.

"Fine.  Dr. Monroe," she spoke through gritted teeth.

"I know my sons have been by here and I also know you know we are wolves," I spoke as she sat there quietly. "I also know you're a witch."

She purses her lips, thinking of what she wanted to say.

"I'm not here to upset you or to attack you. That's not my intention. I'm here because my son Erik spoke hastily when you asked if he would have been interested in Ana if he wasn't a wolf. The truth is he was right but not because he doesn't like Ana but the fact that if that were the case, we would have never left Florida," I explained thoroughly.

She looked at me.

"I know you are a witch and your husband is a wolf. I also know Ana is a hybrid. Half witch/half wolf. The problem with that is both sides are trying to emerge causing internal issues. If they are dealt with and control, it will kill your daughter," I explained, shocking her.

"This wasn't suppose to happen," she spoke quietly.

"What did you do," I asked her with concern.

"When I was young, I fell in love. The problem was I fell in love with a wolf. He chose me and my coven made me pick. My love for the enemy or my coven who was also my family. In order to be with him, I cast a spell to diminish his wolf side, so it would hide him. If my family found out we had a child together they would have killed it. They considered hybrids an abomination to nature as they do with wolves," she explained truthfully to me.

"I know you're trying to protect your daughter but my son needs her.  Plus, I think I can help with her controlling both parts," I suggested as she looked at me. It was a gamble I was willing to take. At this point, I needed to bring my boy home and the only way to do that was give him his Luna.

*******
I walked into the house to find Erik's dad here with my mom. Wondered what he wanted?

"Hunny, Dr. Monroe needs to speak with you," mom said as I looked at them both. This couldn't be good.

I took a seat and Dr. Monroe proceeded to explain to me what was going on. Then the next thing I knew mom dropped her own bombshell on me, telling me she was a a witch. What they said next, shocked me to the core.

"Wait, are you telling me I'm half witch/half wolf," I said incredulously, absolutely floored by this revelation.

"Yes. This would make you an hybrid," Dr. Monroe explained.

I sat there trying to understand what they just told me. This was insane. This stuff wasn't real but then again I watch Erik change into a wolf. At this point I didn't know what to think but I did know one thing, my Luna was longing for her alpha. Something I couldn't control anymore.

"We have one slight problem," I said to them as they looked at me. "Even if I wanted to be with Erik, something is preventing it," I told them.

"It must be the magic. It's overpowering the need for the wolves to be mates. Considering witches and wolves are natural enemies, it would make sense why the minute you make contact with Erik you put up a shield," he said.

"So, how to do we take care of this," I asked them.

"I might have something to help," mom said as she got up. We followed her into the kitchen. She opened a cupboard door and reached up, pulling out a jar or what look like herbs. She opened it and took a few, placing them into a cup. Then she heated some water, pouring it into the cup and stirring. She handed me the cup and told me to drink.

Taking a sip, I about gagged. Ugh this was awful.

"Bleech. What is this," I asked making a face.

"It's a potion to help the witch part to stop your shield from going up around Erik. It only works if you're in love with him," she explained.

I looked at her confused.

"It's a loophole, I found when I chose to be with your father. Love is the most powerful magic out there and will supersede any magic. If you have love for someone, it will prevent your shield from emerging, but only for them," she advised as I looked at her.

Why did I feel like my life was going to take a complete turn?

After drinking that horrible drink and it was horrible. It was pretty disgusting.  I left with Dr. Monroe. I had no idea what was happening now. I didn't even know how Erik would know I was there but Dr. Monroe explained that he would know. An alpha always knows.  I still had my doubts.

We pulled into the driveway and got out, walking inside. April and Madison were awaiting us. I still didn't know about this and had my doubts.

"So, how does this work?  Do I just yell his name," I asked not knowing what to do.

"No, you ignorant fool," Madison snapped.

I looked at her as I started to become irritated.

"I can't believe you're his Luna. You are by far the dumbest thing on the face of the earth not to mention the ugliest," she smirked as she goaded me, causing my anger to boil and my Luna to emerge.  They braced for impact as my eyes turned from a hazel to a burnt orange color as I let a growl escape my lips.  My Luna started emerging as Madison kept talking causing me to go after her.

The next thing I knew I had her pinned against the wall with unbelievable strength, tightening my grip around her neck as it started to cut her breathing.

Then I heard it, "let her go."

I stopped and looked around but no one had spoken.

Then I heard the voice again, "I'm coming. Let her go."

I refused and continued to squeeze until I heard someone say, "I told you no!"

I snapped my head into their direction as I saw him. My alpha. He stood in my sights as I looked at him.  With that I released my grip as she dropped to the floor.

"Listen to me, you don't want to do this," he spoke as he crept towards me as I looked at him.  "I promise I will protect you."

He had reached me and I reached out, touching  his cheek realizing I wasn't blocking him.  I placed my other hand on his other side of his cheek and stared at him.

"Ana?"  He searched my face for an expression until I said, "my alpha."

Erik pulled me to him as he answered, "my Luna."

At that moment I realize I was irrevocably in love with Erik, my alpha. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be able to touch him. The potion worked and I was thankful.