61

"Sungmin was the only child of his parents. He was just the perfect guy you could think of. He graduated with flying colours, had a nice job and everything. Girls were crazy about him but then he somehow crossed paths with Jungkook. Jungkook complimented him a few times, asked him out and stuff. Sungmin tried to resist, being under the impression that he was straight but finally he gave in. Jungkook dumped him after like...five days or maybe three." Saera said as she sipped from her coffee. She scrunched up her nose and smiled cutely. You noticed how pretty her curly hair looked, held back with glittery pins. You wished your hair looked like that too.

She had brought you to a nearby cafe and ordered lattes and donuts to cheer you up a bit, and told you to ask anything you wanted to know, but of course started out giving details about Sungmin anyway.

"Sungmin thought he could have what he had in those three days with just any other man so he went around and fucked the whole city but he had to finally understand that Jungkook was the only one he could love. He came back but Jungkook didn't want him. Never wanted him like that to be honest because Jungkook has never wanted anyone. Sungmin's parents abandoned him because they were very conservative. His father told him to leave the company and he basically lost his old life, he couldn't go back and he can't move on either. He's just stuck at a spot and Jony is helping him through it but he can't get over Jungkook."

"Is that why he... glared like that at me at the resort...?"

"Sorry?"

"I just thought about that one time when..."

"Oh, t-that's the guy who helped me with finding my luggage in Paris! Hey Jin!" Saera stood up and waved at someone.

Jin? No way in hell...

You looked back and saw his handsome face beaming and smiling at her. Then he saw you and his eyes went wide. You gave him a horrified look.

"I-i'll call you okay? Thanks for the coffee!" you told Saera and broke into a run, never looking back.

He followed. Saera called after you but you were gone before she could get what was going on.

"Stop I can't..!" he yelled after chasing you for a while in the cramped streets, as he got to his knees and started panting.

You didn't stop though.

"Dad is in the hospital!" he yelled again and that's what stopped you dead in your tracks. You turned around and ran over to him.

"What happened to dada?" you asked "why is he in the hospital?"

"He... his leg fractured..."

"Take me there! Jin Take me to dada! Please!" you cried, grabbing his collar and shaking him.

"I c-can't breathe..." he told you, smacking your hands away when his face started turning purple because of your tight grip.

You let go of him and he hugged you so tight it was literally your turn to choke.

"I missed you baby when I got home they told me you were gone and they told me you were doing fine so I should give you space and time but how could I just... I love you so much you silly nugget I..." he broke into tears.

"I... you guys... didn't tell me I was adopted..."

"We just didn't want you to feel awkward around us. Like imagine you knew you were adopted and then you had stumbled on one of those wattpad step brother or adopted sister fanfictions!"

"Just take me to dada!"

He held your hand and walked you to his car. Then he got in and drove you to the hospital where your father was. You followed Jin into the room and your heart broke when you saw his weak state, lying there on the hospital bed. He had lost too much weight and had dark circles below his eyes.