72.

-HIM-

I waited and watched her climb the temple stairs from the shadows. As soon as she disappeared inside the temple walls, I turned on my heels and headed back inside the woods.

Today, I decided to walk rather run to the mine. It didn't take me long until I crossed the house we live in and headed in the direction of the mines. At one point, I stopped and listened.

My wolf was on alert. I felt a presence. Whoever it was they were somewhere around me. After a couple of moments, I resumed walking. This time, I felt them follow me. I decided to act oblivious while I tried to find out more about them.

I sniffed the air as I walked but the air was blowing from the direction I was headed to so I couldn't catch anything. I continued to walk anyway as I continued to listen to them. I could very well feel their eyes on me. Whoever it was, they weren't good at tailing.

Somewhere in the distance, a twig snapped. I halted at this and clenched my fists. With my commanding aura, I roared, "Step in front of me. You wouldn't want me to come looking for you,"

Silence followed my words before I heard some footsteps and shuffling. I let out a thundering growl. Instantly the birds abandoned the trees and flew away while singing their warning songs. With my claws out, I waited and listened.

Finally, I saw a man step out from behind a tree. As soon as my eyes fell on him, I knew that he was a wolf- most probably the one belonging to a pack nearby. He held my gaze as he stepped in front of me. His claws were out and his jaw was set.

The air around us thickened with tension as he asked, "Who are you?"

I knew he was a mortal, an ordinary wolf with a little bit more power. Probably an Alpha or Beta of the pack.

"Who are you?" I asked him back instead of answering his question. I held his gaze and made sure that he felt my power. Although, I was a bit impressed by the fact that he still held my gaze even after feeling my power but my wolf was already pissed at him.

"You are in my territory. Answer me first!" He growled at me.

"This is not your territory. This is no one's territory," I growled back but louder. I saw him visibly flinch and it satisfied my ego.

"You are very close to my territory," He spoke this time, correcting himself. I shrugged and told him, "I don't care,"

"Now, tell me who are you and why are you here?" He demanded. I held his stare and answered, "I am a lone wolf,"

"Why are you so close to my pack?" He growled next. This was slowly pissing my wolf off. I simply flashed my canines to him and answered, "I mean no harm to your pack,"

"I don't believe you," He growled, before adding, "That fire in the woods... it was you, right? You were the one who set it," He growled while he stepped closer to me.

"If you don't leave me alone then I will set you on fire too," I growled at him. This made him take a couple of steps back but he still maintained his gaze. By now my wolf was fighting me to let him have control so that he could kill the man in front of us but I contained myself from doing so.

If I killed him then his pack would come looking for me and that was the last thing I wanted to happen.

"What are your motives?" He questioned.

"Believe me I don't give a bat's shit about you or your pack. I am minding my own business," I told him.

"My men will be keeping an eye on you," With that, he left. I soon resumed my way to work. I finished work early and headed back to the temple. I felt the presence again and I knew I was being tailed again.