67.

-HER-

The next morning, I woke up with cramps in my stomach and in my legs. I knew right away that it was due to me bleeding but never had I ever felt such pain while menstruating. I remembered experiencing pain last time as well but that was less intense.

I groaned as I tried to turn slightly but his heavy arm draped over my body made it hard for me to move. He was still asleep but stirred awake soon when I tried to wiggle off his hold. Instead of letting me off, he wrapped his arm tighter around me and pulled me unbelievingly close against his body.

I felt something hard poke my hip but I chose not to think about that much and rather deal with the cramps.

"No," I groaned and shoved his face away when he tried to kiss me like he did every morning. Although, he was quick enough to notice the pain decorating my face because he asked next, "Do you want me to massage your legs?"

"Yes," I groaned into the blanket before I felt him get up and reaching for my feet. I sighed in relief as he massaged my legs and rubbed my cold feet.

"Do you want to go to the temple today?" He asked.

"No," I replied instantly and felt another cramp stabbing my stomach with pain. I didn't feel like doing anything that day. I felt bloated and sick.

"I haven't worked for the past couple of days, Arsinoe. I'd need to go to work but I don't want to leave you alone here," He told me while he rubbed my feet. I was starting to get used to the sparks and the urges triggered by them whenever he touched me.

I glanced at him once to confirm that he was actually there because it felt surreal to have my feet massaged by the wolf prince. I could have never dreamed about it in my wildest dreams. Even though Cleopatra was the pharaoh, I couldn't help but wonder if any of her husbands would ever do the same for her.

"What?" He croaked when he caught me looking at him smugly.

"Nothing," I muttered and turned on my stomach in the hopes that it would ease the cramps in my abdomen. Slowly, it crept to my lower back and I groaned.

"Do you want me to stay?" He asked.

"I don't know," I told him even though I would have enjoyed getting massages from him all day. I heard him sigh to my response before I felt his bewilderment through the bond.

"Are you okay now or do you want me to continue?" He asked after stopping. I pointed at my lower back because the cramps in my legs were now much more bearable. I felt him move behind me before his knuckles dug into the small of my back.

I sighed very deeply due to the relief from the massage but slowly and gradually, I felt his hands drive up before something loosened around my shoulders. Before I could realize what was happening, my back was naked to him.

"Hey!" I tried to turn around to glare at him but as soon as I moved, my dress threatened to slip off my bosom. Although I was quick to hold the fabric in place before throwing him a glare over my shoulder.

"That's not what I told you to do," I gritted at him as I tried to move away but he pinned me with his body before his lips landed on the mark on my neck. He seemed to know that it was a new weakness of mine because I instantly trembled due to the strong wave of sparks. An uncontrollable moan slipped past my lips.

His lips travelled up to my jaw before I was being turned around. Next instant, his lips were on mine. I was so much consumed by the deep and passionate kiss that I didn't notice when the fabric had slipped away from my body.