62.

-HER-

The next morning, I was woken up by a strong wave of sparks travelling throughout my body. I opened my eyes only to find his mouth around my neck and his canines pressing angrily against my skin.

The juncture between my legs was already wet and my core was pulsing with need. Instead of a yawn, a moan rolled out of my lips. This made him press his canines even more. He was so close to drawing out blood but I was more aware of the effect he was having on my body.

"Ahhh, Ares..." I had intended to sound stern but I moaned out loud instead. I was slowly losing control over my own body, "please..." I breathed.

"Please what?" He teased after pulling back. I shivered with pleasure as he started to press small kisses all over my skin just like yesterday. It was further making it hard for me to think straight.

"Please stop," I told him after somehow managing to gain control over myself again.

"Why? You don't like these?" He inquired before running the tip of his nose along my neck, leaving a trail of delirious sparks. I swallowed the moan and answered him sternly instead, "No, I don't. Now, get off me," I threw him a glare but the only thing he did was wrap his arm around me tightly and pul me flush against his body.

"But where's the kiss I deserve for massaging your legs last night?" He inquired sternly while his eyes burned fervently with possessiveness. I was soon taken aback by his words before being claimed by bewilderment.

"Is that some sort of ritual for you wolves?" I asked keenly. He stared at me for some seconds before throwing his head back and roaring with laughter. Blood rushed to my face when I realized that I had just made fun of myself.

"I didn't know you could be so innocent sometimes, my pharaoh," He commented as his eyes locked with mine. They were simmering with so much intensely; I was finding it hard to think straight. I threw him a glare as he closed the distance between us.

"Get the fvck out of my face," I grumbled and shoved his face away when he was about to kiss me. Using the advantage of his being taken off guard by my sudden move, I leapt off his bed.

"That was rude," I heard him groan as I stepped out of the house with a smile playing on my lips. As soon as I looked in the water reflection, the first thing I noticed was my neck covered with deep marks. They were such a contrast against my pale skin.

A wave of pleasure washed over me as my fingertips brushed over them. I was starting to stare at them when the same feeling of being watched dawned upon me. I searched my surroundings but found nothing again. It was now starting to haunt me.

I went back inside the house to find Ares dressed to go to work. I soon busied myself with preparing the breakfast but he continued with his shenanigans that involved distracting me from my work.

"Kiss me," He groaned behind me while I cooked breakfast.

"No," I answered adamantly and maintained the same throughout the whole morning but before I could leave for the temple, I was being swept in his arms and kissed passionately by him.

"Do you want me to drop you to the temple?" Ares offered after the kiss which had left me resembling a tomato.

"No, thank you," I grumbled and with that, I left for work. As I walked through the woods, it felt like I was being followed. At one point, I regretted not letting Ares drop me to work. I raced to the temple when I saw the building peeking through the gaps between the trees but the feeling of being watched still lingered.

"What are those marks on your neck?" Asked one of the young priestesses. Her eyes lingered on the marks on my neck curiously. I flushed instantly but before I could say anything, another priestess answered the previous one, "Seems like she has some very big bedbugs,"

I stared at her for longer than necessary just to make sure that she was serious. When the previous priestess agreed with her answer and they resumed to their work without giving it a second thought, I had to strangle a giggle before getting back to work as well.

I doubted that they'd hardly figure out from where those marks came from since they had dedicated their lives to celibacy.

For some moments, I was able to distract myself but the feeling of being watched haunted me as I sat on the back stairs of the temple and washed some fruits. I kept my eyes glued to the woods but nothing came out of it.

As the end of the day neared, I started to feel more and more anxious to walk back to the house alone. I pondered the option on waiting for Ares but I soon crossed it off, knowing that the priestesses didn't like him.

After collecting all the courage, I set off for the woods. I was alert all the time and listening to my surrounding. The feeling of being watched was now very obvious. As I reached closer to the house, I also picked up the signs of someone following me.

I kept my calm all the time but at the same time secretly hoped that Ares would be home soon. I was met with disappointment when I found the house empty. I kept away my things away before I decided to get fresh.

It was already starting to get dark. I kneeled by the lake and collected water in my palm before splashing it on my face. In that instance, I felt someone step behind me. My eyes snapped open and I was met with a very familiar set of brown eyes staring back at me through the reflection on the water.

My eyes widened and my heartbeats shot up. I was paralyzed by terror at that moment.

"Chefe..." I couldn't find the courage to say his name completely as he grabbed my hair and yanked me up.

"You have no idea how long I have been looking for you," He gritted at me. I elbowed him in the ribs and tried to get my hair off his hold but he pulled it very hard instead. My skull was instantly wrapped in pain but I reached up to dig my fingers in his arm but he held one my arms and twisted it painfully.

I cried out loud in pain whilst he spoke to me, "It surprises me that you've got yourself the wolf prince. I always knew-" He twisted my arm even more and I withered in pain as he added, "that you were a bitch,"

I tried to fight him even more but the pain was too much for my weak body to take. I was losing very soon and he took this advantage. My hands were being tied by him next before he dragged me deeper into the woods. My mouth was stuffed to keep myself from screaming.

Tears blurred my vision while I tried to scream despite my mouth being stuffed. At one point, Chefren stopped and slapped me hard across my face. The only thing I could do was sob at that moment.

"You should be grateful that I came back for you," He gritted as his long, rough fingers dug into my throat. Meanwhile, he took out the fabric from my mouth with his other hand, "Now, I am going to take you back. Cleopatra has promised you as my personal slave. How could I miss this perfect opportunity to do all the things I always wanted to do to you?"

With that, his lips crashed on mine. They were nothing like Ares' - soft and gentle yet demanding and passionate. Where was he? Would he come looking for me? If not then would he miss me?

...

read the next 6 chapters for free on inkitt.com/parttimewolf

read up to chapter 85 on patren.com/Benita_16 

thanks for reading <3