Forty

Juniper walks towards the painting, being one of the last considering she was talking with Summer and Lucas. She notices all the Gryffindors crowded around it. She walks up and stands beside Hermione and the other two who were near the back. "What's happening?" She wonders. "We're not sure" Hermione says and she nods as she tries to peak over the others. Too bad the Weasley twins were in the way.

"Fred, George!" She calls out and the two look back. "Hi, Eleanor!" They both smile and wave. "What's going on up there?" She calls out. "Well, the painting's been torn to bits" "And the Fat Lady seems to be missing" "All right, thanks" She sends a thumbs up before turning to the other three who were looking at her confused but amused.

"Something tried to break in" "Yes, we heard your conversation" Hermione nods. "Right. Of course you did. I totally knew that" She nods sheepishly. "Uh, let me though, please. Excuse me! I'm Head Boy!" Percy pushes to the front. Juniper and Ron both roll their eyes at his statement.

"Get back, all of you. No one is to enter this dormitory until it's been fully searched." Ginny suddenly rushes towards them, panic written across her features. "The Fat Lady! She's gone!" Ginny exclaims. "So we've heard" Juniper nods and Hermione elbows her. "Serves her right. She was a terrible singer." "It's not funny, Ron." Hermione scolds.

"Keep calm, everyone break into fours. Back to your common room." Dumbledore starts to approach the scene as Percy tries to calm everyone down. "Come on, move." "You heard. Move!" Everyone moves out of the way as Dumbledore approaches. He stares at the ruined painting in shock as Filch comes up behind, looking for any sign of the Fat Lady.

Juniper looks around as well, spotting her peaking out from behind a hippo in a painting above. "Mr. Filch" She points towards the painting and he looks to where she's pointing, spotting her hiding behind the hippo again. "Mr. Filch? Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady." "There's no need for ghosts, Professor. The Fat Lady's there" He points towards the painting where Juniper was already standing.

She had snuck past as soon as she saw her and was trying to console the woman. "It's okay, Fat Lady. Nothing's going to hurt her" She assures her as the rest of the Gryffindors start rushing up the stairs to get a closer look. Juniper moves out of the way as Dumbledore approaches. "Dear lady, who did this to you?" He asks softly.

The Fat Lady whimpers, peaking out again. "Eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. It's him, headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!" She screeches before hiding again. "Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you, to the Great Hall." Everyone gets moved into the Great Hall and soon are joined by the other houses.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle. I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately. Send word with one of the ghosts" Dumbledore explains.

He moves to leave but pauses, turning back to the others. "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..." He waves his hand and the tables get pushed against the, standing and leaning against it and hundreds of sleeping bags appear. "Sleep well" Dumbledore leaves and the hall grows loud as everyone starts talking at once, the Gryffindors explaining to the others what happened.

"And I found the Fat Lady in another painting. She was shaking" Juniper explains to Lucas, Summer, Olivia and Luna. "So Sirius Black is here?" Lucas asks and she nods. "Oh, great" Summer mutters. "Everyone into their sleeping bags! Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes" Juniper grabs a sleeping bag and goes to follow the others, only to feel someone grab her arm.