Sixty-Two

Juniper had flung the cloak off and taken off without a thought, the other three whisper yelling after her but she ignored them anyways, rushing up the lawn and into the castle. She heaved breaths as she sprinted down the halls. She pounds on the door, her vision blurry as she waits.

The door opens and Remus is there to catch her. "Juniper..." He says worriedly as she collapses to the floor, Remus sinking with her as he held on tightly. "What is it?" "They did it, Remmy. They...they killed him...because...because of me" She sobs and Remus frowns, holding her as she cried into his arms.

"Everything's gonna be okay, Juniper." "No, nothing is! Why does everyone keep saying that! Nothing is ever okay! No matter what you say, everything always goes wrong!" Juniper sobs and Lupin's frown deepens, hugging her a little tighter. They sit there for a little bit, Remus waiting for Juniper to calm down. When she finally does, he taps her back three times which was always the signal for 'look at me'.

He had his fair share of comforting Juniper and being that the girl didn't like to show her feelings very often, she was always embarrassed when she did which meant not wanting to ever look at Remus when he tried to comfort her. So, he always tapped her back three times to remind her that, it was okay to let your emotions show and that there was no need to be embarrassed. All he wanted to do was talk it out with her and help her feel better.

She slowly lifts her head and he gives her a comforting smile. "Would you like some tea?" Juniper just nods and he helps her up, standing as well. He sits her down in his chair, grabbing his kettle while she fiddles with her fingers, sniffling. "June?" She was still having a bit of a hard time breathing.

"It's okay to grieve. Everyone does it eventually" He reminds her, setting a cup down in front of her and pulling a chair up to sit beside her. Juniper doesn't answer, taking the cup and sipping on it. They sit in silence, Remus busying himself with watching the Marauder's map layed out on his desk. Juniper looks up at him to say something but pauses when she notices his expression.

His eyes were squinted slightly as he examined the map closely. "Remmy?" She croaks out and he looks up then. "What is it?" She ponders. "Hmm..." Remus looks back down though, his eyes trained on a certain spot on the map. She follows his gaze to where Harry, Hermione and Ron were walking across the lawn.

Juniper looks back up at him. "Were you spying on us?" She narrows her eyes at him. "You weren't supposed to be going out in the first place, June. I was looking out for you." "But, aren't they under the cloak? I mean-" Remus shakes his head at her before she can finish. "The cloak doesn't do anything when you have this map. It still recognizes you" He explains, still intently staring at it.

"Well, are they okay?" Juniper wonders. Remus points at something on the map, a name right beside Ron. "Were you aware you're travelling with a fifth person?" He brings up. Juniper leans over to look at the name, walking right along with the other three. "Peter Pettigrew..." She breathes out and Remus looks up at her, the gears turning.

She looks up at him. "But, I thought...didn't Sirius kill him?" Remus continues to think it over before looking at her seriously. "Juniper, who all was with you when you were leaving Hagrid's?" "Hermione, Harry, Ron and I" Juniper lists off, confused. "No one else? No animals?" "Well, Ron did have Scabbers with him. That little guy was going crazy."

Remus stands then, his eyes fixated on the map. Juniper looks down to see another dot with the group. It was Sirius Black. Juniper gasps, standing as well. "I have to go. Stay here" "What, no way! I can't stay knowing my friends are in trouble!" "Juniper, just stay here. That's coming from your professor and godfather" Remus warns her. "What are you gonna do? Expel me?" "If it comes to it" "Do it! I don't care, just let me help!" Remus stares at her for a minute, his lips formed into a thin line, though he had a twinkle in his eye.