Seventeen

"You were seen by no less than seven Muggles." Snape bellows showing them the daily prophet. On the newspaper in big letters read: Flying Ford Anglia Mystifies Muggles and a big picture underneath of the car flying. They were all currently in Snape's office while Snape yelled at them about the car incident. Juniper, Harry and Ron were stood staring at Snape while Snape was sat at the desk. Juniper had never been yelled at by Snape before so this was a first for her.

He throws the newspaper down and glares at all of them. "Do you have any idea how serious this is? You have risked the exposure of our world. Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a Whomping Willow...that's been on these grounds since before you were born." Snape yells at them. "Honestly, Professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us." Ron admits. "Silence." Snape hisses and Ron quickly shuts up.

"I assure you that were you in Slytherin, and your fate rested with me..." Snape stands up and makes his was around his desk to stand in front of the three. "...the three of you would be on the train home tonight. As it is-" "They are not." Someone chimes in cutting off Snape. The three look towards the door and see Dumbledore and McGonagall stood there. "Professor Dumbledore. Professor McGonagall." Harry says.

"Headmaster...these three have flouted the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry. As such-" Snape explains pointing at the three. "I am well aware of our bylaws...having written quite a few of them myself. However, as head of Gryffindor house...it is for Professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate action." Dumbledore explains.

"We'll go and get our stuff, then." Ron sighs. "What are you talking about, Mr. Weasley?" McGonagall asks. "You know, to get back on the train" Juniper says and Ron and Harry nod sadly. "You're going to expel us, aren't you?" Ron asks. "Not today, Mr. Weasley..." She says and all of their faces light up. "...but I must impress on all of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be writing to your families tonight, and you will all receive detention." McGonagall explains as Juniper's face drops tremendously. "M-My parents?" She brings up and McGonagall nods. She was in so much trouble.

*****

Juniper walked into the Great Hall the next morning. She was just waiting for the howler her parents were gonna send her. "Juniper!" Lucas yells running towards her. "You flew a car here?" He asks her in disbelief. "Well, I mean-" "Why didn't you take us?" He cuts her off. "Lucas, I wasn't-" "I would've wanted to go" He says cutting her off again. "Lucas! The barrier wouldn't let me through. Ron and Harry took me with them and we flew the car. It's not a good thing. She sent a letter to Mum and Dad. They're gonna kill me" She panics as his smile drops.

"Come on" He says leading her over to the Ravenclaw table where Summer was sat. He shakes his head at Summer as her smile drops. "What's wrong?" Summer asks. "The barrier wouldn't let her through and that's why they came in the car, and they sent a letter home to our parents" He explains and Summer frowns. "That's bad. They're already very mad at you, I can't imagine what would happen." She sighs shaking her head.

"Ronald Weasley!" A voice shouts making everyone turn to the Gryffindor table. The all see a howler floating right in front of Ron. "How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted! Your father's now facing an inquiry at work and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line we'll bring you straight home!" It yells in his face and he quickly nods his head. It turns to look down the table.

"Oh, and Ginny, dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud." It says causing everyone to look at the youngest and only girl Weasley. It turns back to Ron and sticks it's tongue out before ripping itself up. Ron looks around with wide eyes. Juniper quickly turns back to the other two. "I'm probably next" She complains. "I doubt they'll send you a-" Summer cuts herself off as Stormy drops a red envelope in front of Juniper.