Twenty-Four

It was a little bit before Christmas break ended and Juniper and Draco were playing quidditch together. Rain, snow, hail, they didn't care what the weather was like, they played quidditch. "I heard that Granger is in the hospital wing!" Draco brings up as he swerves around Juniper. Juniper stops what's she's doing, giving Draco a chance to score. He gives her a smirk, flying closer to her.

"Was she..." Juniper trails off. "I'm not sure" He shrugs. He gets a mischievous smile on his lips as he thinks it over. "Maybe you should pay her a visit. Bring her a gift" He wiggles his eyebrows. She tries to hit him but he quickly moves his broom away as she growls in anger. "It was just one gift" She tells him and he shrugs. "Whatever. I don't care if you and Granger are friends or what. Just as long as she's nice to you. It's not my life" He tells her seriously. She sighs and sends him a soft smile.

"I thought you'd be mad at me or something. I know how much you don't like the Golden trio." She admits. "I'll always back you up, June. No matter what. That is the number one rule of our group, remember?" He brings up and she thinks back to when they were younger, sitting around the table at the Malfoy Manor, making up a list of rules for their quartet. "Yeah, I remember" She nods.

She looks around when she doesn't see Draco, only to see him scoring more points on her. "Hey!" She protests, flying over to stop him as he snickers, flying away while she chases after him. Later that day, Juniper does decide to stop by the hospital wing, holding a new quill she bought. She knew it wasn't as good of a present as Hermione's but she also knew Hermione has been wanting one of these she just hasn't had enough money to get it.

Madam Pomfrey glances over as she comes in cautiously. "Juniper, dear. Is something the matter?" She asks. "Uh, n-no. I just came to visit-" "Miss Granger? She's right behind that curtain over there" Madam Pomfrey motions to the curtain in the back corner that was blocking the view of the bed. Juniper sends an appreciative smile as she approaches the bed. She stops right at the curtain, just hoping that Hermione isn't a frozen statue like the other students behind the other curtains.

"Hermione?" She calls out. No answer. She gulps nervously, slowly moving the curtain only to find Hermione asleep. A very hairy Hermione. Her eyes widen at the sight in front of her. She even had a tail. Did Draco do this to her? Hermione starts to stir and her eyes slowly blink open, but they aren't her regular eyes. More like cat eyes. Once Hermione notices the girl, she gasps, pulling the covers over herself entirely. "Hermione?" Juniper calls out softly.

"Don't look at me! I'm hideous!" Hermione panics and Juniper frowns. "What happened? Did Draco do this to you? If he did I can take care of him for you" Juniper says, anger flashing through her eyes at the thought of Draco doing something like this to Hermione. After that whole talk they had earlier and Draco went and turned her into a human-sized cat?

"It wasn't Malfoy" Hermione's response comes out muffled. "It wasn't?" Juniper asks confused and she could see the head movement of Hermione shaking her head. "Then who did this to you? Crabbe and Goyle? They were acting really weird the other night" Juniper starts saying. "No, it wasn't them either" Hermione sighs. Juniper was now confused. Who else would do this to her? "I did it to myself" Hermione tells her. "You did this...to yourself?" Juniper asks incredulously. "Yes" Hermione sighs. "But why?" Juniper wonders curiously.

"I can't tell you" Hermione denies causing Juniper to frown. "I won't judge. I promise" Juniper asures her but Hermione shakes her head. "I know you won't. It's hard to explain" Hermione says. "Can I at least see you?" Juniper pleads. It's silent for a moment before Hermione slowly peaks out from under the blanket, her cat eyes shining and Juniper smiles. "Whatever the reason, you'll get better soon." Juniper asures her. Hermione uncovers herself fully, sending Juniper a smile. "Thanks" She says and Juniper nods.