Eleven

They reach the other two who were worriedly waiting on the trail. The two noticed that Hagrid was fuming, Juniper kept sending glares at Draco every so often, Neville looked ashamed and Draco was slightly smiling. They also noticed Juniper's robe draped over Hagrid's shoulder. Hagrid explained to the other two what happened before turning to Neville and Draco.

"We'll be lucky ter catch anythin' now, with the racket you two were makin'. Right, we're changin' groups-Neville, you stay with me an' Hermione, Harry, you go with Fang, Juniper an' this idiot." Hagrid explains. He whispers something to Harry before they walk off, leaving Fang, Harry, Draco and Juniper. "Come on" Juniper huffs, leading them down the trail.

They had been walking for a while, just following the trail of unicorn blood when Harry stops the two. "Look-" He says as they look ahead into a clearing. There was something bright shining on the ground. "It's the unicorn" Juniper breathes. The sad part was, it was dead. Harry takes a step forward but freezes as they all hear a noise. It was actually the same noise Juniper had heard earlier.

Suddenly, a cloaked figure comes out of a bush and starts crawling towards the unicorn corpse as the four freeze in fear. It hovers over the unicorn before starting to drink it's blood. "AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" Draco lets out a scream before running away with Fang right behind him. He thought Juniper was right behind him but little did he know, Harry and Juniper were still frozen in place, staring at the hooded figure drinking the unicorn blood.

The sudden noise caused the thing to look up at the two. It had blood dripping down it's chin as it growled at them. Harry suddenly clutches his scar in pain as his head pounds. Juniper looks over at him in worry as he stumbles backwards. Juniper quickly catches him before he trips and falls. The thing gets closer to them and they back up. Harry falls onto his knees in pain and Juniper drops beside him. "Harry, are you all right?" Juniper quickly asks him.

They hear hooves and something jumps over their heads, charging at the cloaked person. They look up and see a half man, half horse thing standing in front of them. A centaur. He had white blonde hair and a palomino body and amazing blue eyes. "Are you all right?" He asks the two, helping them up. Harry and Juniper look at each other with wide eyes before looking back at him and nodding their heads quickly. "Yes-thank you-what was that?" Harry asks the centaur.

He doesn't answer though as he looks the two over. "You are the Potter boy. You two had better get back to Hagrid. The Forest is not safe at this time-especially for you. Can you ride? It will be quicker this way. My name is Firenze" He explains as he lowers himself so the two can get on. Before they can leave, more galloping is heard and two more centaurs appear. "Firenze! What are you doing? You have two humans on your back! Have you no shame? Are you a common mule?" One of them asks.

"Do you realize who one of them is? It's the Potter boy. The quicker he leaves this Forest, the better." Firenze explains. "What have you been telling him? Remember, Firenze, we are sworn not to set ourselves against the heavens. Have we not read what is to come in the movements of the planets?" The same centaur from before asks. "I'm sure Firenze thought he was acting for the best" The other one defends. "For the best! What is that to do with us? Centaurs are concerned with what had been foretold! It is not our business to run around like donkeys after stray humans in our forest" The other one bellows.

Firenze rears on his hind legs in anger causing Juniper and Harry to grip on tightly so they don't fall off. "Do you not see that unicorn? Do you not understand why it was killed? Or have the planets not let you in on that secret? I set myself against what is lurking in this Forest, Bane yes with humans alongside me if I must" Firenze explains before turning around and galloping off. Juniper was so confused. She had no clue what just happened. She was pretty sure Harry felt the same way.

"Why's Bane so angry? What was that thing you saved us from, anyway?" Harry asks. Firenze started walking and ducked under any low hanging branches, ignoring Harry's questions. Harry glanced back at Juniper in confusion and she just shrugs. Firenze suddenly stops, making the two look at each other confused again. "Harry Potter, do you know what unicorn blood is used for?" Firenze asks Harry.

"No. We've only used the horn and tail-hair in Potions" Harry explains. "That is because it is a monstrous thing, to slay a unicorn. Only one who has nothing to lose, and everything to gain, would commit such a crime. The blood of a unicorn will keep you alive, even if you are an inch from death, but at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure and defenseless to save yourself and you will have a half life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips." Firenze explains.

"But who'd be so desperate? If you're going to be cursed for ever, death's better, isn't it?" Harry asks. "It is, unless all you need is to stay alive long enough to drink something else-something that will bring you back to full strength and power-something that will mean you can never die. Mr. Potter, do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?" Firenze questions Harry.

"The Sorcerer's Stone! Of course-the Elixir of Life! But I don't understand who-" Harry starts saying but Firenze cuts him off while Juniper listens in curiously. How does Harry know all this? "Can you think of nobody who had waited many years to return to power, who has clung to life, awaiting their chance?" Firenze asks. Juniper's eye widen in realization. "Voldemort" She breathes and Harry looks back at her with wide eyes.

"Some say he died. Codswallop, in my opinion. Dunno if he had enough human left in him to die" Firenze states. "Do you mean, that was-" Harry gets cut off by a familiar voice. "Harry! Juniper! Are you all right?" Hermione calls out, running towards the two with Hagrid right behind her. "We're fine. The unicorn's dead, Hagrid, it's in the clearing back there" Harry explains. "This is where I leave you. You two are safe now." Firenze explains as Juniper and Harry climb off his back.

"Good luck, Harry Potter. The planets have been read wrongly before now, even by centaurs. I hope this is one of those times." Firenze says before trotting off into the Forest. Hagrid goes to check out the unicorn, telling them they should head back and reminding Juniper about her robes. "Where are the others?" Juniper asks. "Hagrid sent them back" Hermione tells her and she nods. She had learned a lot of things tonight. A lot of things she needed to tell the others.