Thirty

Juniper had actually been excited to go home for the summer. After everything that happened at school, she was so sure she was finally going to make her parents proud. But, once she got home, it was anything but. Any form of punishment you could imagine was thrown Juniper's way. The reaction was worse than expected.

She didn't understand why. She was basically considered a hero, stopping Tom Riddle. But, as she sat in her room at night, thinking over Tom's words, she starts to realize why they were so angry. "Your parents adore me". Were they involved in it? According to Draco, his father had placed the diary with Ginny's stuff. So, they must have been apart of the whole scheme, right? Trying to bring back Voldemort.

But Juniper, just trying to save people and be the good person she is, foiled their plans and now they were furious with her, when she was hoping they'd actually see her as their daughter. She wipes the tears from her eyes, turning onto her side. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't seem to get on their good side. The side she saw when she was younger, before she jumped in the way of the spell headed right for Summer.

They adored her. Anyone got in her way, they'd make sure to threaten the person to never cross paths. She was like their perfect princess. But then, the incident happened and they look at her as if she stole their child. That's why, they got Bellatrix Lestrange. Bellatrix Lestrange, in Juniper's mind, was a lunatic. Well, probably in everyone's mind.

When the Rosewoods went to their longtime friend for help, Bellatrix jumped at the chance. Tried to make sure Juniper stayed on track. Did everything she could to make Juniper perfect. It didn't seem to work out in the end though. Juniper grimaces at the things she endured while in the hands of Bellatrix Lestrange. Luckily, the woman was in Azkaban, where she couldn't reach Juniper. Juniper had to remind herself that, every time she showed pain.

School was coming up again and she couldn't wait to leave. Get out of this place. Her and Summer hang out in Summer's room, talking about the school year coming up. "Mum and Dad already got me my books." Summer explains as she shows Juniper. "Really?" Juniper asks in shock and Summer nods. "They said they didn't want me going out there because of...well, the escapee" Summer whispers.

Sirius Black had recently escaped from Azkaban and has been all over the news lately. Juniper knew him because her Godfather talked about him. They were really good friends back then. "I'm not sure when Lucas and I are getting my things" Juniper sighs as she looks through one of Summer's books.

"September first is coming up, Juniper. Like, really soon. You should ask your parents about that" Summer says as she flips through a book as well. "I'll get Lucas to" Juniper waves her off. Summer looks up with a frown. "They're still mad?" Juniper nods solemnly. "I'm sorry, June." Summer apologizes. "Don't be. It's whatever." Juniper shakes her head.

"Why don't we get out of here?" Summer offers. "I thought you just said your parents didn't want you out because of Sirius Black" Juniper points out. "We can go to the Leaky Cauldron. My uncle Felix works there. He happens to be good friends with the owner. He'll keep an eye on us" Summer explains, packing up her stuff. "We can get your books then" Summer adds.

"What about my parents and Lucas?" Juniper brings up, standing up. "Just tell them you're staying with me. Pack a bag, we'll stay there until we have to go to Hogwarts" Summer tells her. Juniper walks out, heading back to her house. She didn't know why she was agreeing to this or what she was even thinking. She hadn't even got her Hogsmeade permission form signed. Her parents said they would sign if she was good. Well, she didn't think they were gonna sign it.

She walks up to her parents who were having a discussion in the kitchen. They notice her and turn to her with blank expressions as she fidgets. "Can I stay with Summer until we have to go to school? We can get my books too" Juniper asks. The two look at each other before shrugging. "Better than you staying here" Ginger sneers.