Seventy-Four

Herbology had gone by quickly Professor Sprout having them squeeze pus out of these swellings. They were called Bubotubers, which apparently cure acne. Juniper follows the rest of the Gryffindors to Hagrid's hut, wishing Dustin a goodbye. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. She walks alone considering she wasn't sure if Hermione was mad or not and she didn't want to upset her anymore just in case she was.

She's taken out of her thoughts when she spots Hagrid stood outside his hut, surrounded by large open wooden crates. She could hear weird noises coming from the crates as well, almost like a rattling. Hagrid had to hold his dog, Fang, by the collar, just so Fang didn't try to investigate whatever was in the crates. "Mornin'!" Hagrid greets the Golden Trio with a smile before looking around and sending Juniper a smile as well which Juniper returns.

"Be'er wait fer the Slytherins, they won' want ter miss this- Blast-Ended Skrewts!" "Come again?" Ron asks confused. Hagrid points into the crates. "Eurgh!" Lavender Brown squeals, backing away. Juniper peaks into the crates as well, curious, to see what they looked like and was not surprised at her reaction. They were hideous. They were like giant pink and slimy spider lobsters. There were hundreds of them and all climbing over each other, hitting the sides of the boxes.

"On'y jus' hatched, so yeh'll be able ter raise 'em yerselves! Thought we'd make a bit of a project of it!" Juniper jumps as a familiar voice comes from just beside her, sounding snarky and disgusted. "And why would we want to raise them?" Draco wonders, Crabbe and Goyle giggling on his other side and she rolls her eyes at the three of them. "I mean, what do they do? What is the point of them?" Juniper hears more giggling from behind her and spots Pansy Parkinson who had joined in on the giggling, infuriating her.

She elbows Draco, hard, sending him a scowl. "Let 'im speak" She hisses in annoyance. She turns back to look at Hagrid who was still coming up with something to say. "It's okay, Hagrid. I'm sure whatever it is, we'll learn something new, right?" Juniper brings up, sending him a reassuring smile. Hagrid nods then. "Er, yes! As fer yer questions, Malfoy, tha's next lesson. Yer jus' feedin' 'em today. Now, yeh'll wan' ter try 'em on a few diff'rent things- I've never had 'em before, not sure what they'll go fer- I got ant eggs an' frog livers an' a bit o' grass-snake- just try 'em out with a bit of each" Hagrid explains, giving Juniper an appreciative smile.

After that, everyone starts grabbing the supplies from Hagrid, each group standing around crates to feed the Skrewts. Juniper was with Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and Daphne as they all fed the creatures. "Of course you'd stand up for that big oaf, Rosewood. You and him have a lot in common after all" Pansy sneers over at Juniper. Before Juniper can come up with a retort, Draco steps in. "Knock it off, Pansy" He warns her, his expression annoyed. Juniper looks over in surprise then.

She knew he was her best friend but Draco has never stood up to Pansy for her. Maybe he was actually serious about this change. Juniper can't help but to smile at Pansy's flabbergasted expression as Draco busies himself with trying to feed the Skrewts while still making comments about how ridiculous this all was.

Dean Thomas shouts and Hagrid goes to check on him because apparently they burned him while Pansy and Daphne both giggle. Juniper had to fight her urge not to say something. Juniper feels someone bump into her, hard, and she almost falls into the crate but Draco catches her. Pansy and Daphne giggle harder as Millicent Bulstrode stands beside the two, her arms crossed and her signature scowl plastered on.

"Are you okay?" Draco asks, steadying her and Juniper huffs. "I think I'm gonna over there" Juniper huffs, glaring between the three Slytherin girls who were all smirking at her. "Are you sure?" Draco pouts as she dusts herself off. "Maybe then I won't feel so attacked" Juniper nods. She grabs her things and heads over to the crate the Golden Trio was at, awkwardly. "Hey, uh, mind if I join?" She asks hopefully. Hermione doesn't make eye-contact and she frowns slightly, though Harry and Ron both smile. "Sure" Harry agrees.