Seventy-Five

"I can't believe we got more homework thanks to that" Lucas complains as the three walk down the staircase, headed to dinner. "I know! It's not like the whole class said it!" Juniper agrees, talking about Rom's comment in Divination. The three had just reached the packed entrance hall where everyone was trying to get in for dinner and notice that Draco seemed to already be up to something as he held a Daily Prophet paper, reading aloud for everyone in the packed Entrance hall to hear.

" 'Further Mistakes at the Ministry Of Magic

It seems as though the Ministry of Magic troubles are not yet at an end, writes Rita Skeeter, Special Correspondent. Recently under fire for its poor crowd control at the Quidditch World Cup, and still unable to account for the disappearance of one of its witches, the Ministry was plunged into fresh embarrassment yesterday by the antics of Arnold Weasley, of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office' "

Draco pauses, smirking up at Ron who was red in the face. "Imagine them not even getting his name right, Weasley, it's almost as though he's a complete nonentity, isn't it?" Draco crows, before continuing to read, everyone in the Entrance Hall now listening.

" 'Mr. Weasley appears to have rushed to the aid of 'Mad-Eye' Moody, the aged ex-Auror who retired from the Ministry when no longer able to tell the difference between a handshake and attempted murder. Unsurprisingly, Mr. Weasley found, upon arrival at Mr. Moody's heavily guarded house, that Mr. Moody had once again raised a false alarm. Mr. Weasley was forced to modify several memories before he could escape from the policemen, but refused to answer Daily Prophet questions about why he had involved the Ministry in such an undignified and potentially embarrassing scene' "

Draco looks back up at Ron then, smiling wider. "And there's a picture, Weasley!" "The bloody idiot. Come on" Juniper starts pushing her way through the crowd to get to Draco, Summer and Lucas following behind as Draco showed the picture to Ron. "A picture of your parents outside their house- if you can call it a house! Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn't she?" Ron was shaking in anger now while everyone stared at him.

"Get stuffed, Malfoy. C'mon, Ron..." Harry tries to lead Ron away but Draco continued, his two goons laughing beside him. "Oh yeah, you were staying with them this summer, weren't you, Potter? So tell me, is his mother really that porky, or is it just the picture?" Draco sneers just as the other three make it to Draco's side, Juniper snatching the paper away from him in annoyance. "Really, Draco? Can't go one minute without stirring trouble, can you?" She asks in disbelief but it was too late, as Harry was already replying to his snyde remark.

"You know your mother, Malfoy?" Having grabbed onto Ron's robes along with Hermione to keep him from attacking Draco. "That expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that, or was it just because you were with her?" Harry snaps back and Draco goes pink. "Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter" Draco growls. "Keep your fat mouth shut, then" Harry says. Before Juniper can stop him, Draco had already pulled out his wand and shot it at Harry while his back was turned.

There was a bang from behind them and a loud roar and suddenly, Juniper was now holding a white ferret instead of Draco. She drops it in shock and the ferret hits the floor, writhing around while they all turn to see Professor Moody making his way down the staircase, his wand out and pointing right at the ferret. Nobody talked or moved except Moody. Summer and Lucas grab Juniper, pulling her a little bit away, both staring on in shock.

Moody looked at Harry, stopping in front of him, his actual eye looking at Harry while the other was rolled back into his skull. "Did he get you?" "No, missed" Harry replies. "LEAVE IT!" "Leave-what?" Harry asks, not sure what exactly was happening. "Not you-him!" Moody points back behind him at Crabbe, who was about to pick up the ferret but was now frozen. He turns back to the others, heading for the ferret and suddenly, the ferret had taken off.