Sixty-Three

"Well, hello, Peter. Long time, no see" Remus casually greets, smiling at Peter who kept nervously glancing at the door. "S-Sirius...R-Remus..." He squeaks out, looking between them and the door. "My friends...my old friends" He says. Black goes to raise his wand but Remus quickly grabs it, pulling it back down as he gives Sirius a warning look before turning back to Peter while the Third Years all watch, flabbergasted that Ron's pet Scabbers had been a "dead" man, all along.

"We've been having a little chat, Peter, about what happened the night Lily and James died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking around down there on the bed-" Remus brings up, his tone still casual. "Remus, you don't believe him, do you...He tried to kill me, Remus" "So we've heard" Remus replies, his casual tone replaced with a more cold tone.

"I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you, Peter, if you'd be so-" Remus tried but Peter started squealing again, pointing an accusatory middle finger at Sirius, considering he no longer had an index finger. "He's come to try and kill me again! He killed Lily and James and now he's going to kill me too...you've got to help me, Remus" Black stares down Peter, his eyes never leaving the short man who was cowering as he looked at him.

"No one's going to try and kill you until we've sorted a few things out" Remus assures him. "Sorted things out?" Peter looks around at all of the exits, taking in everything, more importantly, his ways to escape. Juniper moves to stand in front of the doorway, arms crossed as she stared at him, daring him to make a move. "I knew he'd come after me! I knew he'd be back for me! I've been waiting for this for twelve years!" Pettigrew exclaims.

"You knew Sirius was going to break out of Azkaban? When nobody has ever done it before?" Remus repeats, confused. "He's got Dark powers the rest of us can only dream of! How else did he get out of there? I supposed He Who Must Not Be Named taught him a few tricks!" Peter screams. "Voldemort?" Juniper chimes in and Peter flinches while Black just laughs. "Voldemort, teach me tricks?" Peter flinches at the name once again.

"What, scared to hear your old master's name? I don't blame you, Peter. His lot aren't very happy with you, are they?" "Don't know what you mean, Sirius-" Peter replies, sweat dripping down his face has his breathing became more rapid. "You haven't been hiding from me for twelve years. You've been hiding from Voldemort's old supporters. I heard things in Azkaban, Peter...they all think you're dead, or you'd have to answer to them...I've heard them screaming all sorts of things in their sleep."

"Sounds like they think the double-crosser double-crossed them. Voldemort went to the Potters' on your information...and Voldemort met his downfall there. And not all Voldemort's supporters ended up in Azkaban, did they? There are still plenty out here, biding their time, pretending they've seen the error of their ways...if they ever got wind that you were still alive, Peter-" "Don't know- what you're talking about" Peter cuts in, wiping his sweaty face with his sleeve.

He turns to look at Remus. "You don't believe this-this madness, Remus-" Peter tries, looking at the taller friend but Remus shakes his head. "I must admit, Peter, I have difficulty in understanding why an innocent man would want to spend twelve years as a rat" Remus brings up. "Innocent, but scared!" Peter replies shrilly. Summer and Juniper both share a look, shaking their heads. This guy was not doing the best job of defending himself.

"If Voldemort's supporters were after me, it was because I put one of their best men in Azkaban- the spy, Sirius Black!" Black's eyes darken as he growls at Peter. "How dare you" He seems to grow bigger as he says it and Peter cowers a little at his voice. "I, a spy for Voldemort? When did I ever sneak around people who were stronger and more powerful then myself? But you, Peter- I'll never understand why I didn't see you were the spy from the start. You always liked big friends who'd look after you, didn't you? It used to be us...me and Remus...and James..." Peter wipes his face again.