Twenty-Three

Many more things happened while at the dueling club like Snape volunteering Draco and Harry to demonstrate for the class. Draco had used the spell "Serpensortia!" and Harry started talking to the snake in Parseltongue. Of course, no one knew what he was saying but the snake seemed to be interested in Justin Finch-Fletchey, a second year Hufflepuff.

Everyone knew that was rare talent, being a Parselmouth. Salazar Slytherin was one. Which could mean, Harry might be the Heir of Slytherin. Well, that's what everyone thought. Juniper and Draco didn't believe it though. Harry Potter, related to Salazar Slytherin? Juniper just had a feeling though. She knew Harry and Harry would never do something like that.

And after a few days, when another attack had occurred with both Nearly Headless Nick and Justin Petrified and Harry the only one at the scene, anyone with any sort of doubt thought it was Harry. Minus Juniper, because Juniper still believed Harry couldn't do something like this. It was something else. She was gonna figure it out.

When Christmas break arrived, everyone who was planning on staying was too freaked out about what was going on that everyone started going home for the holidays. No matter what was happening though, the castle felt safer than being at home with her parents so Juniper was still staying even though Lucas and Summer kept convincing both her and Draco to come back with them.

Now that everyone was scared of Harry, Draco didn't seem to think this was very funny anymore. Actually, he was getting angry every time he saw people backing away from Harry. Fred and George on the other hand, couldn't get enough of this. Constantly teasing and shouting at Harry, asking who he was going after next. Juniper loved how they turned anything this serious into a joke. They eased the tension.

All of the Weasley's, Hermione and Harry were apparently staying and it's not like Juniper hated any of them of course, because she was good friends with the twins, but she didn't talk to them. And since everyone else was gone, she was able to stay with Slytherin considering it was only Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. The four had control over the entire Slytherin place, hanging out in the common room and playing pranks on each other. Juniper wished Summer and Lucas had stayed so the whole gang was together but those two were set on leaving for Christmas.

When Christmas day arrived, they all unwrapped gifts together, Jasper snuggled up in Juniper's lap. "This one's yours" Draco hands her a card taped to a box. She looks it over curiously, wondering who this could be from. She already had opened her gifts from Summer, Lucas, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and the Weasley twins so she didn't think she'd have any other present. Her name was sprawled out very neatly over the card and she traced her finger over it, wondering who had such great handwriting.

She opens up the box first, noticing it was a book. A book about magical creatures. She recognized the book from when she was spending all her time in the library and was trying to read up so she could protect Jasper. She pets Jasper's head and he lets out a satisfied purr. She opens up the letter and starts reading it.

Dear Juniper,

I know you might not remember this but it was the book I had asked to borrow from you when we were in the library. I felt bad you left before I could give it back and I know it was just a library book and it's not like it was yours but I bought another one just like it so you'd be able to read it whenever you want. I also wanted to get something as a thank you for punching Draco in the face. I know you two are really good friends and it's hard to stand up to your friends like that but it really showed me that you care about more things than I originally thought. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and everything goes the way you want.

P.S. I also got something for Jasper so he's not left out.

Sincerely,

Hermione Granger