chapter thirty five

Her pov

"What the hell is that whore doing here?"

My eyes snap over to the owner of the shrill voice and I am met with a woman of around my own age with thick strawberry blond hair ,striking green eyes and a very slim figure which was emphasized in the formal bodyfit dress she was wearing.

If the lady wasn't currently giving me eyes that could kill and calling me a whore I would have proberly tried to befriend her...who am I kidding.

"Mother,you never mentioned that Aubrey would be here!"

William's voice broke through the room and for a minute even his mother looks at him a bit scared. I see a look of hurt past through Aubrey's eyes before she manages to quickly cover it over with a scowl directed at me.

"Well nor did Aunt mention that this.." she gestured at me with a wave of her hand and a disgusted look on her face. "This..thing was going to be here."

"Aubrey,watch the tone. "
William seethed at her and I stiffened at the amount of anger sweeping through his expression.

Aubrey's mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.
"William how could you...why did you...she's your.."

"Aubrey upstairs now"
William cut her off before she could say anything more. She shifted her gaze to me glaring one last time before she stomped her feet and turned to walk upstairs. William turned towards me giving me a reasuring smile to which I returned before he sent a warning look at his mother and followed Aubrey up.

I twirled my fingers around each other as William's mother awkwardly cleared her throat making me snap my eyes over to her.

She looked as if she wanted to say something, mouth opening and then closing. She shifted in her seat straightening out her dress in the progress ,before she finally spoke.

"William and um Aubrey had been friends from childhood. "

I never asked for a explanation yet she gave it to me and I was grateful. I nodded my head at her in understanding. We both seem to be making progress and I think it was solely because of the warning look William had given her.

The helper choose that moment to come in with our meals. A plate of seared fish with a fresh green salad and some garlic bread to add.
The meal although simple oozed elegance and beauty and for a minute after Mrs.Clark began, I hesitated to dig in.

"Is something wrong Alexseya?"
Her voice broke the silence at the table and for a minute I was stunned at exactly how unaware of her newly graced presence I was.

I shifted my gaze behind Aubrey, eyes searching for willaim but he was no way to be seen.

I shift my attention back to Aubrey as she takes a seat next to William's mother.

I shake my head slightly answering her.
"No, not at all." I don't smile at her but she offers me a sickeningly scary one and I look back down at my plate just as William makes his way back to the table.

We all continue to eat in an uncomfortable silence which is only made more uncomfortable when Summer decided to speak.

"Aunt Aubrey? I liked your lips better when they were thinner. "

Almost everyine in the table except for Summer began to choke on their food and I looked shocked at Aubrey, whose face has began to lose all colour. My eyes shoot back to William whose face has turned red from his held back laughter and I myself struggle to keep myself composed.

"Now ,now Summer that's no way to speak to your aunt say sorry." Mrs.William speaks but by the look on her face I can see that she too is very uncomfortable.