chapter thirty eight

I sat across his bed on a wheel chair.
Taking in the face of a man who not only betrayed me once but twice.
A man who left me on a whim and then tried to steal a second chance at correcting his mistake.

I stared at the face of a coward, a liar,a cheat,the man who crushed all my hopes and dreams and the man responsible for all that i had suffered through in those four years.

My tears fell silently as I allowed the pain to rip at my chest,clawing at my insides I felt as if my entire body was on fire and I could hardly breath.

"Ms.Grey your discharge papers are ready?"

I wiped at my tears and tried to control my breathing offering a polite smile to the nurse.

"Can I see his doctor before I go?"

My voice was soft and broken and i think the nurse noticed too as she looked at me with sympathy before nodding and leaving the room.
But she looked at me with the kind of sympathy one would at a wife in  distress for a husband or a lover for his better half. Little does she know that the pain I feel is beyond all that. I feel the pain of the past years of the nightmares and my great loss that I was not even able to grieve.

"Ms.Grey how can I help you?"

I turn to face the docter and smile softly.

"Hi Doc. I just wanted to know William's condition."

The docter a middle age bald man smiles at me.

"Of course ,I know u were brought in here together. Well as of now Ms.Grey, Mr.Clark is stable and much better. He has a slight concussion but thats nothing serious as soon as he is awake we will keep him for awhile to study him and them he will be discharged."

The docter smiles reassuringly to me and I nod giving William one last glance before I wheel myself out of the room with a wheelchair I don't even need.

***
Standing in front of this mansion haunts me. I remember the last time I stood here the last time I walked up these stairs and how I was thrown out like I never even mattered.

I go straight in and grab some clothes and my credit cards. I wont stay here any longer, I can't.

"Alexseya were are you going?"

I pick my head up to meet the worried eyes of Clay.

"I can't stay here Clay.I'm sorry. I'm sorry, please don't ask me anything right now. I just need to go."

He turned sullen eyes to me and I looked away.

"As you wish Lexi."

I turned back to him my eyes burning with unshed tears. He engulfed me in a hug and I returned it.

"Take care of yourself Lexi."

I nodded my head at him offering him a soft smile.

"Can I drop you off anywhere?"

"At the bank please."

Jumping off infront of the bank I bid farewell to Clay once more before I sent him off. This is where my journey begins once again.

**
"So sweetheart you said you will be paying cash?"

I nod at the lady behind the desk  keeping my head low. I took out a load sum of money from my account so much that I hope I will not have to be taking out again for the next 5 months. I don't want to use my cards again, I don't want him to track me down. Hopefully in these six months I can get myself a job.

"Heres one ticket to Boston dove. Have a good trip."

I smile at the lady grabbing the ticket and making my way to the bus.

I figured going by bus would cover up my tracks better.

Taking a seat in the back. I finally close my eyes and allow myself to breath.

My mind drifts to everything that has happened in this past few years and I can't help but laugh at how cruel fate had been to me. I have been tossed from one man who was a physical and emotional abuser to another who was a betrayer and the reason for my greatest pain.

My hand unconsciously rests over my stomach and I let out an involuntary sob.

My baby.

I lost my baby before I had even the chance to hold or see it. To hear its heartbeat or feel its kicks. I lost everything I lived for that day and it's all because of him.

And yet here he was trying to take advantage of my memory loss.

Why am I guilty of having to face all this pain?
Why me?
Why is my life so horribly written out?
When will I get my happiness?

____________________________________

Short chapter ik 😭I'm sorry guys I will be hoping to update again soon.