chapter twenty six

Her pov

I groaned as I rolled over basking in the warmth that covered me. I felt oddly at peace the entire time I slept, wondering exactly how long that was. My head didn't hurt nor did my eyes burn like it would normally do when I slowly lifted my eyelids, to take in my surrounding.

I looked around the small but decent room taking in the oval window screens at the left and right and then the king sized bed I was currently sprawled across. The bed I don't quite remember getting into not that I would have either.

Now seated up, I look to the other side of the room where my shoes were kept neatly and trying to save the energy I just refilled on ,I climb across the bed. Due to my limbs that are now quite useless from all that time spent sleeping I unfortunately fall face first into the pillow planted next to my own.

I huffed out a breath in frustration with was pretty much to no use since my face was buried in the pillow but that scent that came  from it was what made me grab the pillow a little tighter and bury my face in a little deeper.

Yes if someone came in now I'll be declared a certified weirdo but all I could really concentrate on now was the distinct smell that seemed to be a perfect match to Williams and I will know cause I fell asleep breathing that scent in.

Shit! I fell asleep in Willam darn Clark's arms. Is he angry? But then again when isn't he?

Yesterday night when he was talking to you after his outburst.

Hmm yeah I guess so. I slipped into my shoes and began to roughly neaten the bed. I began my way over to the door after straightening out my hair and glance down at my watch. I slept for seven hours ! Seven heaven hours! Without a pill ? That thought brings me back to the scent from the pillow, did Will sleep next to me?

If course not! I'm such an idiot this darn plane or jet or whatever it is belongs to William he proberly slept on that bed a thousand times used that pillow each time and with a scent like his I'm sure even the pillow just had to steal some.

I don't know why but the thought of William sleeping in the very same bed that I was just ocupping a few minutes ago brought  upon a warm feeling that spread from my toes to each inch of my body and I cussed at myself for having such a reaction.

Finally making my way out I found William sitting in his place talking to himself and I furrowed my eyebrows. Talking to himself ? Ha! Who would have guessed?

I closed my once hanging jaw and grab a stack of magazines from the coffee tabel and began to make my way quietly to my seat giving William and his mind some privacy. I understand where he's comming from sometimes even I have to talk to myself for some expert advice.

"That was a call from Mr. Denver."

I look up at him with my eyebrows pinched. Why was he telling me this and what the hell did he me.... 
Ohh... realization dawned on me when William pulled out an earpiece from his left ear. Soo.... he wasn't talking to himself?

"I've invited him for dinner at the beach house on Friday night at five. He's a shareholder in one of my companies here in Hawaii and a close family friend so I expect everything to be up to standards."

I gulped. Preparing dinner. In a place I've never been before.
So I prepare American food or Hawaiian food I wanted to ask him but when I turned to voice out my thoughts he was already scrolling through his phone behind me and I decided to let the topic drop, for now.

I had completely indulged myself in the concept of how by writing your name in the air with a pencil between your lips can help you lose face fat that when the announcement of our arrival and landing boombed through the speakers I jumped slightly in my seat.

We're here in Hawaii. And we're about to land, securing my seatbelt with already shaky hands ,I tried to control my breathing that I could already feel quickening. When the cold hand that belonged William engulfed my own that was clutching down hard on the armrest and I whipped my head in his direction. But he was facing forward his sharp jaw line cutting through my anxiety and anxiousness and I felt my heart begin to beat fast again but this time it was for a totally different reason.

******
When we arrived at the beach house I was for the third time in awe at one of his belongs but honestly could I have expected anyless from a multi-billionaire ?

I stood outside the house taking in the glass upperhalf that proberly provides the best view of the ocean money could ever buy.

William was currently instructing the driver ,(whose name I don't know but also works under William )to do something with our bags I think.
I didn't stand around to hear him talk to the driver ,taking the time to stare at his gorgeous house so he wouldn't think I was a freak.

"You know you can close your mouth now. "

So much for not being a freak. I turned and gave a grumpy as always Willliam a tight lipped smile before he walked up to the front door gesturing me to follow, which I happily oblige.

He struggled at first to get the key into the keyhole but then he finally slips his key into the door and unlocks it, we both step into the house.

William takes of while I'm still at the door shrugging out of my jacket due to the intense heat here.

He's halfway down the hall when I feel a cold thin blade pressed against ny neck and I stiffen ,my heartbeat already on overide.

I manage to let out a whisper hoping that he will hear me  and miraculously, he does, turning slowly in his place and taking in the person behind me.

His eyes widen at whoever it is and the his gaze drops further to my neck where the knife is currently pinching the skin there. His jaw ticks,  something I've familiarised myself with lately.

The clutter of metal brought my out of my thoughts and I looked up to see William with a death glare on his face and then I look down and take note of the knife now on the floor and breath a sigh of relief.

William is now five feet away,  his both hands in tight fists.

"Mr.Clark!"

I turn around to take in the intruders face but to my bewilderment she looks nothing close to a criminal. Instead she looks quite young with short ,blond ,wavy hair ,black rimmed glasses and a flour streaked cheek?

I look back at William to see his eyes darken and along with the young girl ,I too gulp down hard.

"So you know who I am yet you still dare to enter my house and pull such a stunt. "

His voice bounces off the walls around us ,echoching in our ears and the girl begins to shake slightly in fear.

"Sir...sir..I w...work here."

"What?"
William asked her shocked and I too wait for her response. She nodds her head before she continues with a bit more confidence.

"Y...yes Sir you personally hired me a week ago to replace my mum who had fallen ill."