Part 56

I could have been more politer and told him the cause why I needed to leave he would have surely understood. This had hurt him a lot and he would surely take revenge for this. 

The  very next day was the game of dice. Yeah the same Game of Dice which will be remembered forever in the history of this earth. I had tried my best to stop him but Yudhisthir would not agree at all to it. He said it was his duty to play the game. 

"But Aarya please remember that you can bet only in the thing on which you have both right and pride. That does not mean that what ever you might have pride on that thing your right will automatically be proved." I said.

"Thanks for your advice Priye, I will not forget it" replied Yudhisthir.

************************

"Samragi! Maharani Gandhari and Rajmata Kunti have come to your room, shall I let them in?" asked a maid.

"Um...yes call them inside" I said.

Both of them came in with slow steps. I could see that they had sensed something wrong was going to happen. They looked worried.

"Putri we want to stay with you" said Mata Kunti.

"Yes mata both of you can stay here, I have no problem at all" I said.

***************************

"Samragi, Samrat has lost his Army to Yuvraj Duryodhan and Gandhar Raj Shakuni" said the maid who was keeping the three of us informed about all the happenings of the court.

Initially a small amount of money and jewelry was put at stake. The dice was rolled and Shakuni won the throw. Thus the game progressed on and on, every time Shakuni came up with requisite number with his magical dice. Yudhisthir was bound to lose as the game was already corrupted by Shakuni. I was so very frustrated now. This was too much, how could all of them sit there and watch this game when each one knew very well that everything was cheating. I could not see my husband loose everything and come on streets one day. Who knows what he will stake when he looses everything. I am afraid he might not stake himself there. I had to stop this game somehow, but I waited patiently for them to take decisions themselves. 

*****************************

"Samragi!" said the maid as she came running inside.

"What happened? Why are you so worried? Did Samrat do something wrong? Tell me why are quiet? I want an answer!!" I had said.

"Samragi.... Samrat had -he had..staked Indraprasth and lost it too...".

"Lost Indraprasth???" I said," But he did not ask me before staking Indraprasth, afterall I am the queen too" I was just to astounded to hear anything.

"Samragi.........there is one more news.."

"What is it?".

"Samrat also staked Rajkumar Nakul and...."

"How can he do all this? Did he loose him too?" I asked terriffied.

"No, he is playing the the game staking Rajkumar Nakul right now, I am afraid, something might....." the maid was interrupted by me.

"Enough, he has had his wishes now he shall get no more freedom, he has gone out of his mind completely today, I am sure he is drunk"

*************************************************

Thank you to all the readers for making my book reach 13K reads. I really appreciate your efforts and I hope you will continue to so the same in future too.

Thank you all very much.

arna8661