Part 10

I was very much disturbed at this statement of his what he said was right but I already told him I won't marry till I have accomplished my goal, so I did not think I needed to answer this question. I just stayed quiet and watched the wedding it it got over.

Dushala had been bidden farewell with Jayadrath I noticed the look on his face when he saw me before leaving. That look told me that he had not lost and he would come again for me one day. 

We were getting ready to leave and I was taking leave from the elders of the family. "My blessings are with you child, I always hope for your happiness" this was Pitama Bhishma whom I could do nothing but admire. How could he be so good I had never met anyone like him in my life. After all he was the son of the river goddess Ganga now I believed it completely. After meeting everyone Dhri took me by the hand and led me to my chariot. I was so lucky to have these amazing people in my life. The added meaning to my life, they motivated me to live and achieve the goal of my life. 

After a very long distance of travelling like it was while we were coming there we reached Panchal and I was the happiest to return back here. Govind did not come with us as he had to go to Dwaraka and look after his kingdom.Days were getting very boring and I was getting more and more restless. I had never been so bored in my life before. I used to attend the proceedings of the court but even then it was nothing new. Then one day I decided that I had to learn warfare now it was too late. That evening I went to Dhri's room and insisted him to teach me sword fighting and archery. At first he was not happy to hear my decision but then he agreed saying that he could never win an argument with me. So, finally my classes started but at first he was the only one teaching me but later Shikhandini also started taking my classes. 

Everyone was shocked to see me improve so quickly. After a very long time which seemed like years Govind came to meet us. I was over excited to tell him about my new skills, but there was not a single chance to speak to him. Finally after two complete days I got a chance to talk to him alone. "Sakha, I want to tell you something about my new skills" I said excitedly."What kind of skills sakhi?" he asked not knowing about it, I was happy that no one told him about it. "I have learnt sword fighting and my performance at archery is amazing" I said at last. "I hope you have not equaled my Parth in it" he said mockingly. "Parth?" I replied not understanding who he was. "Its one of the many names of Arjun, Sakhi" he replied. "I hope he does not have as many names as you Govind" I said laughing. "No, not as many names as me but he has many names like you Draupadi" he said. "But why did you compare me to him? Is he the best archer of the world?" I asked. "You may consider so" he said. "I want you to marry him, because you two are made to free the world of its sufferings. That is why I have asked Maharaj Drupad to arrange for your swayamvar." he said. "What? I cannot marry before my accomplish my mission" I replied angrily. "It is important that you marry Arjun because that would be the first step of your mission" he said. 

What I was completely shocked at this, so this meant that what I had done till now was all waste. I had not even taken the first step to my goal. So what was he waiting for why did he not do all this before.

"So what's so great in your Arjun that you want me to marry me" I asked

"So what's so great in your Arjun that you want me to marry me" I asked. "He is the best you can find for yourself. You are destined to be his, for the completion of your goal you need someone who can always support you, and besides every girl dies for him" he replied. "How can I marry him without even seeing him once, and who knows if he is dead in the fire of Lakshagrah incident" I said, not satisfied at his reply. "If you both are destined to meet you will surely meet before your swayamvar" he said still smiling. I was very eager to meet him, because I wanted to meet my future husband. What if I did not like him? What if even he was like the other princes if Hastinapur.