Part 28

I hugged Shikhandini and it was really difficult leaving her.She was the one who had supported me through everything. And Dhri what could I tell to him. We were twins and he was the one who had helped me see Pitashri's softer side (At least that is what I thought).

"Take good care of yourself dear sister" he said while bidding me good bye.

"I will and wish you the best of health" I said with tears inn my eyes while going with my husbands. 

We neared Hastinapur, I did not need to be afraid of anyone right now as I was with my husbands and they would not let even a scratch come on me. On the gates of Hastinapur we were welcomed by the sight of the King and Queen and their 100 sons. With Angraj, Pitama Bhishma and Gandharaj Shakuni by their side.

We ascended the stairs and the Queen said:

"Come my children I am so happy to see all of you alive with a new wife for my Arjun".

I could see the bitter expression on the face of Duryodhan and Dushashan it told that they were not happy at all after seeing the Pandavas alive.

"Come Kunti with your new daughter-in-law" said queen Gandhari.

Mata Kunti gestured me to go forward. I went and touched feet of the royal couple.

"Dear Arjun you too come forward the new pair is always welcomed together"she said with the plate of aarti in her hand.

"Jesht mata we want to tell you something of our marriage"said Arjun.

"Is there a problem dear?" said Gandhari.

"Mata we wanted to tell all of you that we all the five brothers have married Draupadi and she is our common wife" said Yudhisthir.

I could see everyone was too shocked to say something to us. Specially Pitama Bhishma he never thought that his grandchildren would do such a thing. Queen Gandhari dropped the plate from her hand which made a really loud sound.

I did not know how to react to  this situation and was completely shocked by it. Just then Gandharaj commented:

"I had told you to get only one man so that he could protect you from the evils of the world but you brought five men for the purpose" He said looking at me.

At this Duryodhan laughed with his brothers following him.

I looked at my husbands and they looked as if they had committed the worst crime of the world. I had to do something to solve the situation I could not let anyone prove us wrong. 

"It was the only thing we could do to solve the problem that had come up" I said.

"But what you did was totally adharm and you proved that we were not good enough to give you the right education in life" this was Pitama.

"But this marriage was approved by Govind and Ved Vyas themselves" I said again.

I thought that no one would raise a question this time but I was wrong.

"Vasudev Krishna is the biggest adharmi present on the earth and till where Ved Vyas is concerned that idiot Krishna would have convinced him somehow" Said Shakuni.

"And I know that a woman like you would not have objected to marry even five men because you thought it would give you more pleasureful life" said Duryodhan.

"How dare you say that to Panchali?" asked Bheem.

"She is the most impure and unjust woman who judges people by their castes and not their works" replied an angry Duryodhan.

"Duryodhan......... I will kill you if said one more word about her" roared Bheem.

"Enough of this now,I want all of you to go inside the Palace in your rooms and I want no more fighting between anyone. Duryodhan if you do something like that again then you are not going to be left unpunished" said Pitama at the top of his voice warning Duryodhan.

                     **************************

Hope you liked the update. Wishing you Raksha Bandhan in advance 

Please comment and vote.

Can I get 10 votes for this chapter.