Part 41

"Maharani, Prince Arjun has come on the entrance of the city" said a maid.

"Okay prepare for his welcome I will get ready" I said really excited.

 I was ready in my best attire as I did not wanted Arjun to feel unhappy even a bit. I wanted to be the reason behind his first smile as he entered the kingdom.

I blushed as the maids kept taking his name.

"Priye, Arjun has come on the gates of the city please come with us for his welcome inside the palace" said Yudhisthir.

I rushed as soon as I heard this I rushed towards the gates. This was the moment I was waiting for 12 years now. And finally I had to wait no longer and wished something side-by-side too, I did not want any surprises from him now particularly a...........a new wife. I had this conception because I had heard that Govind's sister had fallen in love with him and Govind also suggested him to marry her as she was going to be married to Duryodhan and Govind clearly did not want wish for that nor did she do.

I saw him approaching on his horse and was more than pleased to see no one with him. All the other Pandavas came behind me. I saw that Arjun was equally happy to see me, actually was a very small word to describe it. 

I went near him and directly looked into his eyes. They were that same that I had seen before 12 years. 

The maids gave me the plate  with flowers and tilak for him. My happiness knew no bounds when the first time I touched him on his forehead while applying tilak. 

All the other brothers hugged him and cried to see him back

All the other brothers hugged him and cried to see him back. The love of the brothers for him was surely more than my love for him. They all looked like small kids who had met after a really long time.

___________________________________________________

"How was everything Aarya?" I asked Arjun.

"Everything was just fine Panchali but without you nothing seemed to interest me" he said.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" I asked.

"Yes, is there a problem?" he asked with a smirk.

There was a long pause before I spoke.

"So were Uloopi and Chitrangada really beautiful? I asked.

"They were, but not like you" he said focusing all attention on me.

"Aarya please tell me clearly" I said.

"Okay...okay listen then I will tell you each and everything my dear.  One day, when I was bathing in the river to perform rituals, then someone pulled me into the river.I later realize that it was Uloopi, the Naga princess, who grasped and pulled me into the river. She held me with her hands and traveled under her will. We finally ended up in an underwater kingdom, the abode of Kaurvay. I came across a sacrificial fire there and offered his rites to the fire. Agni was pleased with mu unhesitating offering of oblations.

Delighted by her act, I inquired Uloopi about her background. She reveals her lineage and admits that she had fallen in love with me. I, however, declined her proposal citing my celibacy on my pilgrimage. Uloopi argues that my celibacy is limited only to you.Convinced by her argument, I  married her and spends a night with her. A son named was born to us. Pleased by me, Uloopi granted me a boon that all animals that live under water will obey me and that I will be never defeated in war under water" said Arjun telling his long journey with Uloopi to me.