Part 31

"No my son please don't do this" said Dhitrashtra. He could not bear separation with his son he was dearer than life itself. He had always pampered his children and always favored them over his brother's sons.

The court session was over that day. I sat in my chamber thinking about what Duryodhan had said about me.

"You seem worried Panchali, is there anything that I can help you with?" asked Arjun.

"No nothing, I was just thinking about what Duryodhan said today" I answered.

"You don't have to worry about what that fool said" he tried to calm me.

I smiled but still what he said hurt me a lot. Maybe he saw it, and came and sat beside me.

"Panchali you don't have to worry what others say about you. The one whom you have to believe is yourself and only yourself, you understand?" he asked.

I nodded in agreement. I was calm now because I thought that I had to prepare myself for all the bad things of the world but still hope for the best.

"I don't mind that now, but if someone tries to hurt me will you be there with me?" I asked hopping for a yes.

"Of course dear, I am your husband, I mean we all are your husbands, we will protect you from everything and support you in all your decisions" he said smiling.

His smile melted me down, this is what I had expected him to be after our marriage. Then it suddenly struck my mind that Yudhisthir had called me.

"I am sorry Arjun I need to go" I said getting up.

"Where?" he asked.

"Aarya Yudhisthir had called me to his chamber for some important work" I said.

"Oh please go then I don't want jesht to wait anymore" he said.

I left immediately after he said that. On the way I came across Shakuni and Duryodhan talking about something but when Duryodhan noticed me he stopped and started staring at me as if he thought he had hurt me. But little did he knew that I had already forgot what he said. I held my head as high as possible and pretended not to notice him.

"You think you can ignore me?" he asked roughly.

I paid no attention to him and carried on. He was really angry this time. But Shakuni controlled him by saying:

"Don't get angry my son. The woman whom you are talking to has no respect for anyone else except herself and is the most arrogant earth had  ever witnessed, she might be beautiful and attractive but has no knowledge".

 The woman whom you are talking to has no respect for anyone else except herself and is the most arrogant earth had  ever witnessed, she might be beautiful and attractive but has no knowledge"

I continued on till I reached Yudhisthir's chamber. The words they said had not been able to hurt me because of Arjun. I smiled thinking of him. I entered his room and he was really busy thinking about something.

"You called me Aarya?" I asked.

"Yes Panchali" he replied.  

                                ************************************************************

Hope you guys liked it.

Draupadi transformed herself in the most strongest woman the world had ever witnessed. She was the most beautiful woman even after being dark-skinned like Krishna.

Can I get 15 votes and 10 comments for this update?