Part 53

And that was the last thing we had said before reaching the palace of Hastinapur where everyone was standing to welcome us inside with Maharani Gandhari holding the plate in her hand. Everything here seemed to never change, the same people, same faces, same place just the difference of time.

"Welcome dear all of you my beloved son's of Pandu and my beautiful kulvadhu( daughter-in-law)" said the Maharaj of Hastinapur.

I felt that someone is staring at me but when I turned my head to all the side I saw it was Duryodhan he gave me the same lustful glare that me had given me on the day of my swayamvar this was something I had not expected from his now, I was already a mother of many children and was pregnant with one. I could not understand why he was doing that.

While Queen Gandhari was welcoming us Duryodhan was still staring at me. I did not know what to do, I thought ignoring him would be the best so I ignored him.

"May you always be happy, its a tradition that the wish of the Samrat should be asked firstly.So, tell me what your wish is?" said Dhitrashtra.

"So my wish is that for a moment forget that I am the Samrat of Aryavarth and give me your blessings" replied Yudhisthir.

"No No dear a Samrat never asks for anyone's blessings. A Samrat. in more than 500 years the Kuru dynasty has never witnessed a Samrat of the whole of Aryavarth. But today let me be a happy and proud tatshri" he said this and statred laughing.

All of us laughed at this. But then duryodhan came forward in front of me and Yudhisthir. He bent down and surprisingly touched Yudhisthir's feet and greeted both of us with a pleasnt smile which was really new.

"I seek your blessings, Samrat" he said.

"My blessings are with you dear Duryodhan" replied Yudhisthir.

Then Duryodhan turned towards me and come in front.I could see him clench his fist. We looked at each other for almost a minute and silence prevailed between us. Then suddenly he smiled, I was confused.

"Pranipat Samragi" he said.

"Pranipat Yuvraj Duryodhan

"Pranipat Yuvraj Duryodhan. May god bless you" I replied.

"The court of Hastinapur may be inferior, when compared to your pride and position. So for that we need to spurce up the court of Hastinapur or maybe.........." he said.

"Or maybe what?" I asked.

"Or.. we would have to ask for your forgiveness if there is anything lacking in our hospitality" he said still staring into my eyes. I wanted to throw the wits out of him just by staring in his eyes. But I did not get enough time to do that because gandharaj interrupted.

"Samrat! If you wish then all of us should go inside".

"Sure, let's go inside" said Yudhisthir.

_____________________

"Panchali, I saw how that idiot Duryodhan was looking at you. I thought of smashing his head right over there but Arjun stopped me and calmed me" said Bheem looking angrily at Arjun.

"What he did was right Bheem, Duryodhan knows what he is doing and did you not see ho much respect he paid us today" said Yudhisthir."By the way Priye today Duryodhan's wife Bhanumati is going to visit you, take care of her".

"Uh...Okay Aarya she will not face any difficulty with me" I said.

So Bhanumati was coming to visit me today, I will dress really beautifully or maybe not, I want her to see my natural beauty so I won't dress in very faishonable clothes. Let her come to face the most beautiful woman on earth. I laughed to myself thinking about what I had just said to myself.