Part 36

The next day I got ready and before going to the court went to Mata's room. I knew it would be difficult for me to talk to her about it, but I had to do it.

"Mata"I asked. 

"Yes putri Draupadi, what is the matter?" she asked.

"I wanted to speak about Khandaprasth"I said.

"Please speak clearly dear"she said.

"I wanted to tell that...........that...we thought.......you should..........n...not go with us..........to Khandavprasth"I said as clearly as I could.

"You think so"she asked.

"Its not just I everyone does"I replied.

"Then maybe I should not go. What is Krishna's opinion about it?"she asked.

"He............. I .....I don't know about him"I said.

Then Govind entered.

"I would say that you should stay here bua, you can come as soon as Yudhisthir becomes the Samrat of the whole Aryavarth and you daughter-in-law the Samragi"he said.

Mata Kunti smiled. Her smile showed that she had agreed, I really did not wanted her to go with us neither do I want her to stay over here because she is getting old and besides it would be really difficult for her to travel such a long distance with us. I always want her by my side, but I know that I cannot have everything at the same time.

_________________

"Panchali" said Yudhisthir pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah" I said.

"I called you the third time, you were not paying attention, is something wrong?" he asked.

"No. I was just thinking about our future life in Khandavprasth" I replied.

"By the way we don't have a palace over there, I am talking about palaces there is not even a house there " he said.

"No palace? no house? But then how are we going to stay over there?" I asked.

"We will see once we reach over there."he replied.

"Oh" I said.
This was the second biggest shock that I had got about Khandavprasth. We were on our way to reaching Khandavprasth. We had just stopped for a short break to refresh ourselves, by a small lake.

"Panchali I think you should sit down for a while" said Bheem.

I had been roaming here and there for the whole time, looking after everything and getting the food made.

"Yeah just a minute" I replied.

"Come on you don't have to do everything there are other people assigned for that" said Arjun.

"Okay....Okay" I said. I went there and sat by them. The five brothers were the most adorable people of the world and I was really happy that I was connected to all five of them as their wife. 

"So Nakul did you get rid of your little puppy which you had took up as a pet?" said Bheem to tease Nakul.

Nakul blushed so red, maybe because  of embarrassment of Bheem teasing him in front of me. I did not think about him though, I wondered what a puppy must look like because I had not seen even one in my life.

"What is a puppy Aarya?" I asked not able to figure it out myself. All of them looked at me with a really surprised look on my face.

 All of them looked at me with a really surprised look on my face

"You don't know what a puppy is?" asked Sahadev.

"How would I know it? I never had a childhood and I never saw it in my entire life" I said with little anger in my voice.

"Yeah I just forgot that" said Sahadev.

"If you ask me then I would say that it is a small creature who like a dog but is not a dog and I am sure that you have seen a dog" said Bheem.

"I am afraid I have not seen one and even if I have I don't remember" I said.

So then all the time was spent in them explaining me what a dog is and then what a puppy is, I hope that when I see one I can make it out according to their descriptions.