Part 55

My maids insisted that I wear a colorful dress as white is only worn by old women and not even my middle-aged women like me. But I was firm on my decision of wearing white. And so I did as I wanted.

"Samragi you are looking stunning today" commented a maid

By then all my Aryaputras had come to take me with them. 

"Priye are you ready?" asked Yudhisthir.

"Yes I am ready" I said.

I saw all of them staring at me like they did only when they found me utterly beautiful.

"You are looking amazing dear" said Bheem.

"Thanks Aarya".

"Panchali you are just looking like you never did" Said Arjun.

"So you did not like me before, are you liking me only now?" I asked faking sadness in my voice.

"No I didn't mean that" said Arjun.

And all of us laughed at this we entered the grand hall laughing so everyone was staring at us. It was all really quiet but we disturbed everyone or maybe lightened that atmosphere.

_____________________________

"She always has to show that she is different and better than us. She has to attract everyone to herself only. She always shows that she is superior to all of us" was what I heard women talking about me behind my back but I ignored them.

I looked at Angraj Karn and he looked at me our eyes  locked for a moment but the eye contact broke when he started to come towards me. I thought this was the best moment for me to apologize from his for my behavior towards him in the swayamvar. But just then Yudhisthir called me. I decided that I would go only after talking to Angraj but Yudhisthir called again saying that the work was urgent. I did not wanted to do it again. But I had no other option. Angraj was already nearing me and said.

"My greetings to the Samragi, I hope the Samragi did not have any problem with the journey from Indraprasth till here" he said with the politest voice I had ever heard.

But what happened next was worst than a nightmare to him.

"It was great" I said in a hurry and left for where Yudhisthir was standing without paying much attention to Angraj but just as I left I could see Angraj's face was red with humiliation again which was because of me. I again remembered that day of my Swayamvar. I could have been more politer and told him the cause why I needed to leave he would have surely understood. This had hurt him a lot and he would surely take revenge for this.