Part 2

When I sat down Shikhandini told me about all my mothers and other sibling which included Satyajit, Kumar, Vrika, Panchalya, Suratha, Shatrunjaya, and Janamejaya, Uttamaujas and Yudhamanyu all of them were elder than me of course I was born just now a few minutes ago.

The next day we all met again in the royal court of Panchal. I was woken up by my maids and had to go to bath immediately and freshening up. The water was just right to bath and it was well scented, I rubbed the paste given by the maid all over my body. Then after bathing I got new clothes to wear and this time I was looking prettier. Then Shikhandini came into my room and took me with her to the court.

I was just thinking about the activities of the morning I heard Dhri greet me and I greeted him back. The announcement was made about the arrival of my father by the door keeper. Everyone in the hall stood up to pay respect to the king and when he sat down everyone sat down. During the session of the court a small riddle was asked the riddle was "How many bananas can you eat when your stomach is empty" just immediately I knew the answer and I was going to say it aloud when I heard my father speak " very good riddle but for my son it would me a matter of few seconds to answer it" then he turned to Dhri and said " answer it my son". Dhri was thinking hard but I could see that he was not able to find the answer and finally said " A man could eat as many bananas as he wants to when he is hungry" a bit doubtfully. " No that is not the write answer my prince" I could control no more and asked "can I answer this" at first my father hesitated but gave me the permission at last " He can eat only one because after that his stomach will not be empty" I said confidently. " Excellent princess this is the correct answer" the learned man said. I thought my father would be proud of me at last but instead he said " that was an easy one anyone could have answered that" said my father who only cared about his son. After the assembly was dismissed I rushed out as fast as I could after my father. "Father" I called he did not turn back and again I called "Maharaj Drupad" he heard it this time and stopped in his way to his chamber. "What is it that you want?" he asked almost with anger "I wan't nothing father I ....."Don't call me father how many times shall I tell you" he said cutting me in mid-sentence. "Maharaj Drupad I wanted to ask were you not proud of me when I answered the question and did not let your pride fall". 

"It was not that difficult any of my ministers could have answered that if they wanted" he said arrogantly "But no one did it, so you should be proud of me right?" I said thinking that I would improve his mood

"It was not that difficult any of my ministers could have answered that if they wanted" he said arrogantly "But no one did it, so you should be proud of me right?" I said thinking that I would improve his mood.But he just ignored me and went away to his room.

I was very annoyed at this behavior of his. I never expected him to act in such a way with Dhri, then why should he do it with me. I did not want to say it but I was jealous of Dhri. Then I heard someone laughing behind me, I turned around to see it was a man with a peacock feather in his crown, dark skinned but beautiful, he was just adorable in a divinely way, just by looking at him all of my anger vanished away by itself. Now I was curious to know who he was so I asked "Who are you and how have you come here in my garden?". " Is this garden yours?" he asked with a smile on his face, I replied "Of course it is mine, it is just outside my chamber". "How can you say that were you not born just some two days ago" he replied again with the same smile. I could not help but look at his smile which just takes away all my worries somehow. 

"Tell me princess did it not belong to someone else before you were here?" he asked interrupting my thoughts "Yes, it did, at some point of time but now it belongs to me" I said thinking deeply, "did you bring all this with you when you came here" he asked " No,I did not bring it" I replied. "When you did not bring it how come it became yours" I said " so I did not bring anything so nothing here belongs to me" I continued."At last you understood it sakhi" he said relieved "Sakhi" I asked "Yes" he said"have we not become friends now" I stood there for sometime wondering trying to understand his words. He then said "Would you not take me to Maharaj Drupad". " But you did not tell me who you are?" I asked. "Oh sorry, I am Vasudev Krishna".

"How can I take you to Maharaj Drupad, he himself does not like to see me and I don't know what he thinks about you" I said

"How can I take you to Maharaj Drupad, he himself does not like to see me and I don't know what he thinks about you" I said. "Don't say that Sakhi, it is just a matter of time and you will be his favorite" he said trying to cheer me up. "That is never possible Vasudev" I said knowingly, he again comforted me saying that "Nothing is impossible Sakhi". I knew what he said was right it was just hard to believe for me. "Shall we go?" he asked me mischievously.