Part 51

"I am afraid it is the first one" he said

Mahamantri Vidur seemed tensed as if he had been forced to do something.

"Please sit, Kakashri" said Yudhisthir."Now tell me Kakashri, why did you say that you are the representative of another kingdom?".

"Hastinapur & Indraprasth are independent nations and I...I am Hastinapur's Prime minister" said Mahamantri.

"How is everyone there?"I asked.

"That's a relative question.By itself it had no meaning. Everything depends on the circumstances, everyone there is fine and yet.... not quiet alright".

"Don't my brothers listen to you?" asked Yudhisthir getting up.

"A king asks a representative such a question? since you have already asked it, its my duty to answer you. Health-wise everyone is alright, Maharaj's love is a blessing to me. The princes do not oppose me and I obey the king. He has sent me to ask you about your welfare and to invite you.......and to invite you to Hastinapur to play the game of dice with Yuvraj Duryodhan." said Mahamantri Vidur.

"Tatshri, who else would know better than you that nothing is more destructive than gambling? Dice is a weapon which separates even brothers. Even then you have come here!" I said with astonishment.

"Dice is the root of all evil, my Queen!" he exclaimed.

"Did you....did you not tell this to Maharaj Dhitrashtra?" I asked.

"Your Tatshri is himself a very intelligent man" replied Mahamantri.

"Priye, dice is the root of all evil, but a friendly game of dice is not gambling. I also have to prove to Mamashri Shakuni that I did not win in Indraprasth by chance. In fact I won because I am a good player."said Yudhisthir with a smile.

"There are no good players in dice. The dice dominates everything." said Kakashri.

"Kakashri is right!" I said to Yudhisthir.

"Kakashri is always right priye. However as a warrior I cannot refuse a challenge to wage war or play dice." Then turning to Mahamantri Vidur he said "Please tell Tatshri that we will honor his invitation. Draupadi can once again see Hastinapur".

"But Samrat...........".

"I don't want to hurt Duryodhan by refusing. If he wants to play the game of dice then I will come to Hastinapur to play it." said Yudhisthir.

"As you wish Samrat" with saying this he left. He looked utterly disappointed.

_________________________________

"Arya should not have done that, he could have straight away refused for it, Why in the world did he have to accept it?" I said frustrated to Arjun.

"Don't worry Panchali everything will be fine and afterall when I am there with you why do you need to fear anything?" said Arjun.

"Will you not let even a scratch come on my body?" I asked.

"Of course not, and who would even think of putting a scratch on you my dear?"he asked.

"No one"I replied.

"Then sleep now" he ordered."Or I will be the reason you will be crying tonight" he said laughing.

"You cannot make me cry" I said.

"You want to see it?" he asked.

"See its you not who is not sleeping, sleep fast we have to get up tomorrow early" I said blowing off the candles.

"Good Night".

"Good Night and sweet dreams".