Chapter 7 - Meeting (2)

Lee Chaeyeon's POV

I must say, I might be the most cupid of the day. I even forced them to sit in front of one another. I feel like a third-wheel, but what's new? I kept switching my focus from the hamster's reaction to the duck's.

"So? What is this collaboration you are talking about?" Yuri asked. Aigoo, she wants the duck out of the office right away.

"Ah, right." I saw the realization hit Yena's face, and she was here for work. She took out the documents from her bag and began with the topic.

"I, the representative of the Blossom Company, would like to discuss with you the possible collaboration for the summer collection. The CEO, Sakura Miyawaki, was not able to join us due to her lack of understanding in Hangul, and hence this is why I am the one who is here."

I stared at Yena, a bit shock with the sudden change of attitude, but proud of this side of her.

"Okay, noted with that. Yuri, when did we release the news about the summer collection?"

"Last week, ma'am." Not even a glance towards Yena.

"You must be informed then, am I right? Miss Choi?"

"I am informed. The reputation of your brand in Japan has bloomed, and that news was the trigger. We want to collaborate with your company."

"Even if you are my friend, it is quite impossible for that to happen. At this rate and time, we will have to move the launch of the collection, and we don't want that to happen."

"Ms. Lee, I know you must be worried about the reputation of your brand, but this collaboration will bring spotlights for both of our company," Yena said.

"Statistically saying, the Blossom Company did pull through a collection just by a month of preparation," Yuri said. She has researched the company, kudos for that.

"Ms. Jo just stated a fact, Ms. Lee. We don't want any failure in such collaboration, especially our brand reputation, which will be at risk." She knows her words well. Before Yena came to my office, I have researched about the Blossom company. They did have a reputation of time is just a number, and their works is a masterpiece.

"What will my company benefit from this?"

"Ms. Lee, not only money but also fame. Advertisements all over our country will be up. Your brand name will be well known, not just a brand, but a brand that collaborated with us."

"The reputation of your company is not as big as ours, Ms. Choi. The state of your company is doing well, but not as the best as our standard." I said, which made her stop.

"Ms. Lee, this is an opportunity for both-" Yena was saying something when her phone rang.

"I am so sorry, but this is the Boss. May I answer it?"

"Yes, you may. We can continue this later." I said.

"Chaeyeon, if the quality of their products is as high as ours in that cramped time, it means they have higher abilities than our company can ever produce," Yuri said in a low voice.

"True, but it doesn't mean it is the best for us. We want something more, something big for the future of the company." I said and rubbed my temples.

"Okay, Chaeyeon."

"Wait, why do you sound like you wanted us to collaborate with them?"

"Just because of the reputation they have."

"But that is invalid since they have a small reputation compared to us."

"Oh, whatever." She said and slapped the Ipad to my arm.