Chapter 0.4 - Bump! (part 2)

Lee Chaeyeon's POV

"I am sorry." The girl bow in front of me. She accidentally bumps into me and sends my mochi ice cream to fly.

I want to be mad at her, but I saw she was still a baby. And also, eating while walking, I do not recommend it at all. I am at fault as well.

I picked the pieces that fell and wipes the ice cream that stained my shirt.

"I am so sorry." She still keeps on insisting.

"It's fine," I replied, but she never did raise her head.

"I am sorry"? Wait a minute! That is Nihongo, not Hangul! I immediately looked at the girl and found her clothes Japanese inspired. I got it.

"It's okay. You don't have to be that sorry." Once I said that I found the girl looking at me with sparkling eyes.

"Really?" She started to smile, and I nod. She was about to hug me when she fell and hit her hand on the rough road causing it to create a scratch.

"WAHHHHHHHHHH!" She half-scream and half-cried.

Oh no.

"Mommy! Oneesan!" She cried out.

Thank God I have a clumsy friend called Yena da Duck, and I was able to take out the first aid kit I always brought.

"Super Chaeyeon is here to the rescue!" I shout to divert her attention even though more people are gathering around us.

"Hmm?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes, but curiosity slowly merging from her eyes.

"If you will behave while I, Super Chaeyeon, take care of your wound, I will bring you to that ice cream shop." She immediately shut her mouth and gave me her hand, raising her pinky.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Promise."

/////

I don't know how it happened, but this girl would make me lose all of my money. She asked for a whole fridge of Choco-Mint ice cream, and this cashier did not even ask me if that is what I want.

"Thank you, Oneesan Chae!" She shouts and dives into the big tower of ice cream. I am thankful that what the store has is just a tub, or else her parents or even her big sister would kill me.

"Call me, Super Chae!" I said, and she laughed with me. She is such a cute kid.

I looked at the time, and it was about to get near my curfew. I wanted to take a picture with the kid, but does that make me a creep?

I looked at her, and she was trying to take out a polaroid, rich kid, I may say. Without any warning, she took a picture of me, and she handed me the camera.

"Me too, then later us!" She said while raising her spoon at me.

I took a picture of us, then gave her all of the snaps. I was about to ask when will she be picked up when three guys slammed me at the table.

"No!" The kid shouts, and I was about to fight the guys when they did stop, must be her bodyguards.

"She kidnaps you, didn't she?" One of the guys asks.

"Nope, she helped me. See?" She pushed her hand on her bodyguard, showing the bandage I wrapped around her hand.

"Oh, I am sorry, my princess." They all bowed at her. A princess?

"Nu-uh, apologize at Super Chae." She pouted and used her spoon to point at me.

The three bodyguards hesitated to bow but ended bowing in the end. "We are sorry."

"It's all good. I even think you guys are doing your job greatly." I smiled at them, making their cheeks turn pink. What?

"Uh! Oneesan!"

I looked around and saw this girl. She had her back around me, but I guess she's pretty? I based it on how the other customers looked at her.

"Didn't Mommy told you not to roam around without your three musketeers?" She spoke in a soft voice, but she was strict.

"Yes, I am sorry, Oneesan. Nako-yah didn't mean to." She replied. Nako? Perfect name for her.

"I am sorry that my sister bothered you. This card has 100,000 won in it, be quiet on what just happened today, and the payment for what you have done for my sister." She spoke to me, but her back was still facing me until she turned around and gave me the card.

Her face was wrapped in a bandage, what happened to her? Some part of her face was still bleeding. But her eyes can be seen, it was beautiful.

"No, I won't take it. It was a pleasure that I was able to meet a child like her." I replied, not even thinking twice if I wanted to take the money.

"I am not asking you to whether take it or not. I am telling you to take it." She replied with a more stern voice.

"Super Chae, please take it. Oneesan might get scolded later by our parents." Nako plead.

"But in one condition." All their heads turn towards me.

"We will take a polaroid together as a memory of this day." Nako jumped into my arms and smudged her cheeks against mine while her big sister sat beside me. The three musketeers posed funny at the back.

"Say cheese!" Nako shouted. Everyone but the big sister did not look at the camera, either she showed any reaction.

And that was the day I was thankful that I was learning Nihongo. 

/////

Author's Note:

NAKOOOO YAAHHHH MINT-CHOCOOOO!!!

Super Chae to the rescue, who are the three musketeers? Why is the big sister like that? What brought Nako's family in Korea?

I hope you guys like this short short chapter, hope to see you once again... soon!

Thank you! - UnicornS