Chapter Three.

(Rosie's dress in the pic on the side)

ROSALIE'S POV

"Who are we meeting?" I ask Harry from across the backseat of the car. As usual, his nose is buried in his phone and I'm trying to occupy myself while pretending to not be annoyed with him ignoring me.

"Gregg Collins. He's been one of my business partners for years. This is a really important evening, Rosie. I don't have any reason not to trust that you'll represent me and my company in a pleasant way, but please be on your best behavior." He reaches across the seats to gently squeeze my knee, and before he can pull his hand away, I place my own hand over his as if to indicate for him to keep it in place. He drops his phone into the pocket of his suit jacket and turns his hand up to lace his fingers between mine, which immediately soothes me.

Him asking me to promise to be on my best behavior was slightly offensive, but I don't say anything about it. The last thing I want is to argue with him over it.

For years I've been attending these dinners with his active clients and potential clients, as well as lunch dates, golf meet-ups, and small gatherings hosted at our home so that Harry can basically show off our apartment as well as me. He's told me before that him getting close with his clients and their wives and showing them that he is also just an ordinary man with a wife and a tidy home makes business much easier on his behalf. Becoming friends with clients is a sure way to close a deal, according to him.

"Oh, shoot, will you help me with this?" I ask in a rush when I see the sign of the restaurant come into view and suddenly remember my necklace in my purse.

After pulling the piece of jewelry from my bag, I scoot across the seats and turn my back to Harry so that he can clasp the chain around me neck. His fingers gently brush my hair away from my back and onto my shoulder, then the chain is being draped between my collarbones.

"I can't believe you still wear this thing. I'll have to update you jewelry collection sometime soon." Harry comments, chuckling softly from behind me. I look down at my chest and admire the small round diamond pendant hanging between my collarbones.

"Why would you replace it? I love this necklace. Reminds me of being twenty." I laugh back. Harry's at moves out to allow me to settle into his side and we both sigh when I turn my head up towards him.

"I got that for you on our one year anniversary of dating. We're going on five years of marriage now. Don't you think it's time I got you something better?" He reaches his own hand up to touch the charm of the necklace and my smile grows even wider.

"I don't think anything could be better than this. I love it. It reminds me of you every time I look at it." I turn my head up to kiss his jaw and he grins back.

"You look brilliant tonight. New dress?" He speaks again after a beat of silence. I glance down at my crossed legs covered by my long white dress, then back up at Harry.

"Yeah, I went shopping today with my mom after you told me we had dinner plans. I can't be a disappointment to my title as your trophy wife." I nudge him back in the ribs and he laughs loudly. The beautiful sound fills the car and I suddenly don't want to get out as we pull up out front of the restaurant.

Cameramen with flashing lights are already surrounding the car and I dread the thought of having to push through the crowd. Harry's title as CEO of his fathers company has made him famous in the business world, which means that him and I are constantly under the watchful eye of the paparazzi in New York. It never fails to surprise me that I can't even attend dinner with my husband without being photographed by thirty middle-aged washed up men and women with nothing better to do than report on us.