Chapter Sixty Seven.

ROSALIE'S POV

I feel like an idiot.

The one time I really find the courage to stand up against Harry, I end up changing my mind no less than a few hours later.

On my way home from my sisters house, I try to decide what it is I want to use to defend my pathetic decisions. I'm sure Harry won't laugh at me for simply changing my mind, but I also wish I was strong enough to not have to worry about it. I don't want to always feel weak when it comes to him.

By the time I make it home, it's already pushing midnight. I make a slow and sleepy trek up the stairs to get the apartment, and am not surprised when I step into a silent living room.

I hesitate for a few minutes before entering the bedroom. I'm hoping if I can catch Harry in a deep enough sleep he won't even know I came home and tomorrow I can lie and say it was early in the morning so that I had time to get ready before work.

The second I attempt to crawl into bed next to him though, all hope of a silent entry is lost.

"Rosie? Is that you?" Harry asks in a groggy voice.

"Yeah, babe, it's me. Go back to sleep." I assure back in a gentle voice.

"Shit, I meant to wait up for you but I must have fallen asleep. What time is it?" He sits up in the bed and rubs his eyes tiredly while staring up at me.

"A little past midnight." I admit back. He sighs, followed by a yawn, followed by him reaching his arms out towards me.

"Come here. I've been waiting all night for you to come home." He mumbles sleepily. I crawl towards him on my knees and end up with my face nuzzled into his neck with his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I'm sorry. I was trying to come home but the kids ended up falling asleep then El and I opened a bottle of wine and you know how that goes." I shake my head to add dramatic effect while Harry chuckles.

"Are you drunk?" He asks back in amusement. He's clearly still half-asleep, but awake enough to deliver gentle kisses to my cheeks and temple.

"No, I only had one glass."

"Yeah right. I know how you and your sister get around a bottle of Chardonnay. Neither of you will leave until the bottle is empty." He lays our bodies down in the end and I smile happily as we mold together.

"You're right. Chardonnay is certainly my guilty pleasure." I press a mindless kiss to his chest and wish desperately that we can ignore the crazy day we've had. I just want to fall asleep and wake up and be on good terms with him again.

"I'm not drunk, though. I really did only have one glass." I attempt to cuddle in closer to his body. He lays motionlessly and allows me to move around as I please to get comfortable with my body half-way on top of his.

"Okay. I trust you." His lips press to my cheek once more, accompanied by a sigh as we fall into a pattern of breathing silently.

"I'm so glad you're here. I didn't think you'd come home." He whispers to me after a moment long moment of quietness.

"El convinced me. She said I was being ridiculous for being upset with you."

"You weren't being ridiculous. I was being an asshole for fighting with you over something that really wasn't worth us fighting about." His hand begins rubbing up and down my back which comforts me in the exact way that I've been craving since last night. I've had such a stressful day not knowing what kind of situation I was coming home to based off of our fight.

"I don't really want to talk about it, and I don't want to fight anymore. Can we just forget about this whole thing?" Instead of continuing to get comfortable cuddled up at his side, I sit up in my spot and slowly swing my leg over his waist. I need to spend a minute admiring his presence before we fall asleep.