Chapter Sixteen.

HARRYS POV

-Five Years ago-

Only four short months after being introduced to Rosie's family, I found myself on the front doorstep of her parents house without her by my side. I left her this morning at my apartment with her curled up in the bed wearing one of my sweaters. I told her I had a meeting to attend with my father and that I wouldn't be gone long; if only she knew what I was really up to.

"Harry, what a pleasant surprise!" Jane greets cheerily the second she opens the door to the house. She's dressed in a pink apron and has a smudge of flour on her cheek, which slightly reminds me of something Rosie would do.

"Jane, lovely to see you. Mind if I come in?" I ask back sweetly even though I want to kick the door in and step inside. It's bloody cold out here and the asshole taxi driver who brought me here went on this long spiel about how turning on the heat burns up gas and no ones paying for it when we're all only paying what's on the meter.

"Of course, darling. Is Rosie with you?" Jane peeks her head outside the door, then after seeing nothing, steps back in. I shuck off my jacket and boots by the front, then rub my hands together for warmth.

"No, it's just me today. I was hoping to catch you and Calvin at the same time, actually. I have something to speak with you two about." My arms cross swiftly over my chest and Jane looks up at my intimidating stance, then back at me in surprise.

"Oh, okay. Is everything alright?" She motions for me to follow her into the kitchen and I do so, suddenly aware of how strange I sound.

"Yeah, of course. I just have something to ask you guys." I sound like I'm trying to get them to join my colt.

"Alright. Coffee or tea?" She looks up at me with a smile that looks extremely similar to Rosie's. Her and her mum look so alike a stranger could probably mistake them for sisters.

"Tea, please." I smile back. She nods once, then paces over to the kettle on the stove to fill it with water.

Just as she lights the burner to warm the kettle, Calvin steps into the room, dressed in a well-ironed button up and slacks. He reminds me quite a bit of my own father, which I hope will make it easier for me to have this discussion with him.

"Harry, I don't think we were expecting you today. How are things?" He asks cooly.

"Very well, sir. I had something to talk to you and Jane about if you guys have a second." I nod back at him. He looks at me questioningly for a moment, then steps away from the counter.

"Sure, son. Come have a seat." He motions for me to sit at the table and I do so within seconds, just as Jane is walking the tea kettle over to the table. She sets out three cups and passes out napkins, then takes a seat herself.

"Well, Harry, what's on your mind?" Calvin asks seriously, reaching for his cup of tea with watchful eyes casted on me.

"It's about Rosalie, actually. She-"

"Is she alright?" He cuts me off.

"Yeah, she's perfectly fine. She was asleep in bed when I left this morning." I nod back. He looks at me suspiciously and I mentally curse myself.

"I mean, she... Was asleep on the, erm... Couch?" Dammit.

"Go on." Calvin seems uninterested in my correction and I take a deep breath before continuing.

"Anyways, as you two know, Rosalie and I have been seeing each other for quite some time now. It's been nearly a year and a half and if I'm going to be quite honest, I don't see myself ending things with her any time soon. I think the same goes for her." I rub my chin thoughtfully with my hand, then take a sip of my tea. Her parents watch in silence as if expecting what I'm going to say.