Chapter Sixty One.

ROSALIE'S POV

- Five Years Ago -

"I can't believe we're doing this. Are we sure? I think we can still back out." I grasp Harry's hand tightly in mine as we stand outside of the home furnishing store in The Hamptons.

"Why would we back out? We've been talking about doing this since the first time we spent a weekend here. Look around us, baby. We'd be idiots to back out of buying a home in a place like this." Harry motions his hand around the parking lot behind us and I laugh at his example even though I understand perfectly what he's referring to.

The quiet yet beautiful town that we've visited plenty of times since we began dating will now officially be the location of our second home- well, it will be one the paperwork is processed.

"I just worry that we're being a bit reckless with our money. I know you had your best year financially at work last winter but we just paid for a wedding, bought an apartment, and got a new car. Not only did we also just purchase our second home but now we also have to spend the money to furnish it." I feel almost dizzy thinking about all of the checks we've written within the last couple of months. A few too many checks with a few too many zeros on the end of the amount written that we agreed to pay.

"Okay, well, if you're worried then we can put this off. We can sleep on the air-mattress again tonight and buy furniture maybe next time we come to town." He offers me a tight smile, then tugs on my hand to pull me along with him back towards the car.

"Harry..." I glance up at him and back up at the store and sigh.

"Fine. We can go in and look but I can't guarantee that I'll agree to buying anything. We really do need to learn to budget. Although, I am sort of sick of making love on an air mattress..." I think back to the previous few nights that we've spent at the house, attempting to make love on what feels like a trampoline. I felt like I had springs for legs every time I would be on top.

"Yeah, that's my girl. Maybe we can get same day delivery and break in the new mattress tonight." He leans down to peck my lips happily, then pulls me into the store along with him.

The second we're inside I'm amazed by our surroundings. There's over a dozen different displays for different parts of the house ranging from the bathroom to the kitchen to a child's room.

"Let's get to work." Harry says with a devious smirk, then pulls me into the abyss of home-appliances with him.

An hour later, I'm giggling like a little girl as Harry and I lay side-by-side on a vibrating mattress. We've already tagged over fifteen things to purchase before we leave and I'm starting to get the hang of the whole home-decorating thing with a helpful push from Harry.

"Do you two like this one?" Our sales clerk that's been following us around for the last half hour asks in a clearly amused voice.

"If we get this one we could get rid of your vibrator." Harry leans over to whisper to me, making me laugh again. I swat playfully at him while shaking my head.

"I like my vibrator. It's nice to have for when you're too drunk to get the both of us off and fall asleep right after you finish." I tease back, eyeing him as a joke while he suppresses his own laughter.

"That's only happened once."

"Sure, it's only happened once if you disregard the two other times that it's happened." I bite my lip and sit up off of the bed to look over at the woman staring at us. A couple across the store has been watching Harry and I trying out the mattress with wide eyes as if they can't believe we'd lay on it in the store.