Chapter Forty Four.

ROSALIE'S POV

- Eight Years Ago -

"I've really missed you, Rosie. I know I kind of brought this upon myself but two weeks without you has been the worst two weeks of my life." Harry admits in a low voice that's barely heard over the soft music playing throughout his apartment. Takeout containers sit in front of us with food from our favorite Italian restaurant in them while we attempting to spin noodles onto our forks one-handedly. Harry hasn't let go of my hand since I got into his car an hour ago and I don't think he plans on doing it any time soon.

"Don't be so dramatic, babe. It wasn't even two full weeks. And we've been texting all day during the days we weren't together." I slurp a spaghetti noodle into my mouth, wipe away the sauce from my lips, then look over at him again.

"I've missed having you near me, though. I missed your smell." He leans over to kiss my temple, then moves his arm up to drape around my shoulders.

"I missed you too, I guess. That seems crazy because we were never really apart, but, yeah I guess I missed you." I lean into his side while reaching over to steal his piece of garlic bread from his box. He playfully nudges my forehead with his chin as if to acknowledge me robbing him.

"I stopped by that bakery that you love earlier and picked up some dessert. Also, maybe a few other treats, too. Those are waiting in the bedroom for us, though." He smirks down at me and I roll my eyes.

"Harry, I'm not having sex with you tonight. You're not completely forgiven for what you said before I left and I'm not going to drop my panties for you just because I haven't been really hanging out with you lately and we miss each other." I state back.

"I didn't expect for you to have sex with me tonight. That would be wrong for me to assume. I meant that I rented your favorite movie and I changed my sheets so my bed smells all nice and fresh for us to snuggle in tonight." He rubs my arm with his hand and I chew my lip while deep in thought.

"Really? You're not just saying that to cover for you thinking I was going to fuck you tonight?" I ask back, turning my head up to look at him. He seems surprised by my vulgar language.

"No, Rosie, of course not. Do you really think that lowly of me? I wasn't even going to try and kiss you tonight until you gave me the go ahead. I know you're still sorta pissed at me so I was going to pace myself this evening. I feel lucky just to have you sitting next to me." He looks down at me with a sweet pout that makes me feel slightly guilty. I feel bad for assuming the worst of him, but I also don't want to be walked all over by him over this silly argument.

"Promise? I don't want you to screw with my mind tonight. I'm not in the mood." I bring my finger up to tap the tip of his nose, then lean in to kiss the same spot.

"I promise, baby. I didn't rent your favorite movie for background noise while I tried to get into your pants. I really thought it'd be refreshing for us to have an evening of a nice dinner, cuddling, and watching a movie. All I really was hoping for was a bit of making out... If you're up for that." His cheeks turn a bit pink from embarrassment and I giggle at the sight.

"We can probably do that." I agree back. His worried expression turns into a sweet grin, and he seems frozen in surprise when I lean up and press my lips against his. Once the action registers, he lets out a sigh of relief, then begins kissing back.

"Holy shit, I've missed you." He breathes against my mouth. I tangle my fingers into his hair just as my mouth opens for him so slip his tongue in. I can't deny that I've missed this, too.