Chapter Thirty Six.

ROSALIE'S POV

"It's going to be hard to fall asleep alone tonight after spending the weekend with you." I comment thoughtfully to Harry as we unload our bags from the trunk of the car. He hands me my small duffel bag and slings his own over his shoulder, then shuts the trunk and locks the car.

We arrived back in New York less than an hour ago and spent most of our driving time trying to get through the traffic in order to get back home. I can tell Harry's level of anxiety is high from the stress, meaning I need to watch myself around him. I can't ruin what we've regained this weekend in our relationship.

"You can tape my picture to one of your pillows and cuddle it." He responds jokingly as we begin to walk towards the exit of the parking garage. I laugh at his comment, even though it saddens me. I wish I could just have him at home rather than finding alternative things to snuggle with.

"I might. Can I come borrow some of your cologne to spray on the pillow so that it even smells like you?" I play into his joke with a teasing grin while nuzzling myself into his side. He drapes his arm around my shoulders and we both struggle to keep walking straight while attempting to hold onto each other.

"Why don't you just come over and sleep in my bed with me if you can't fall asleep?" He finally offers back. I didn't really intend on going to spend the night with him, but I wanted the satisfaction of knowing that us being cuddly with each other again wasn't just an exception for this weekend.

"I might. I'll let you know how I'm feeling later. I'm still worn out from last night so I might not have any trouble falling asleep." I pinch his hip playfully and we both turn to look at each other with sly smirks. This morning I woke up with shaky legs and Harry teased me about it for hours, even though we were both beyond satisfied with the aftermath of our evening.

"Alright. Well, my bed is open if you need me." He leans down to kiss my temple and I lean further into him with a wide smile.

We wait patiently at the doors of the elevator while waiting for the cart to make it to the parking garage. Once the stainless steel doors slide open to allow us inside, Harry continues to hold me against him while stepping in and pressing the button to the floor of my apartment.

"Are you coming upstairs with me?" I ask, playing dumb in order to not get my hopes up if he merely pressed the button for our floor out of habit instead of going to his own floor.

"I was going to go up with you and make sure you got in safe and everything. I wasn't planning to stay though if that's what you meant." He answers. Despite me not allowing myself to get my hopes up, I still feel disappointed.

"I was just wondering." I murmur back. He nods his head, then sighs while leaning back against the wall. The lift is slow and I suddenly wish we were already upstairs so that I wouldn't have time to prepare myself for saying goodbye to him after an amazing two days together. I wish he would just leave and neither of us would have to deal with the sad goodbyes.

"I think I'm going to go take a nap." Harry comments lowly after a long moment of silence. I nod in agreement with him, then remember one of his t-shirts in my bag that I took off this morning after sleeping in it.

"I have some of your..." I trail off and step away from him to sift through my bag. He stands up straight again and crosses his arms over his chest while I attempt to find his clothes in my bag.

"You can keep the clothes for a bit if you-" Harry's voice is cut off by a loud screech sounding from around us. My eyes widen in surprise as the elevator comes to a halt immediately, followed by the lights flickering for a few seconds, then going off completely.