Chapter 15 - Awake and Unexpected twist

I had fallen asleep in the chair, my head on the bed and my hand still holding Oliver's. And since I was asleep, I didn't even know if it was day or night. As I slept, I felt movement on the bed before I felt something touch my hair. I slowly opened up my eyes and looked at Oliver. I saw that Oliver was looking at me. I blinked and quickly stood up.

"Your awake!" I say, before giving him a very careful hug.

Oliver smiled at me.

"I'll tell the doctors that you're awake." I say, before leaving the room and finding the nearest nurse.

After I told her that my friend was awake, I inmendently went back to Oliver. He seemed a little worried when I entered the room, but that faded when I started to talk to him.

"Hey, Miku isn't going to bother us any more," I say.

"Is she..? What happened again?"

"Both of us were shot by her."

"Both of us?"

"Yep."

"Where is she now?"

"Cops got her."

Oliver stared at me for a moment. I noticed that he was acting a little odd. He wasn't as loud as he used to be and something about the way he looks at me was off.

"Of something wrong?" I asked, after he didn't answer.

The blonde's eyes had drifted away from me, but when I asked my question, they were on me as if they were ready for me to do something.

"....." He remained silent.

"Oliver?"

"Yes..?"

"You okay?"

His eyes drifted to his hands.

"I'm sorry..."

I stared at him. What was he sorry for? He didn't need to apologize for anything. He stayed silent for a moment.

"Oliver?"

"I'm sorry... I don't know you."