Chapter 10 - A Fall, A Kiss and A Note

When school ended, Oliver and I took our secret path back to the apartment. We talked about the presentation on the way. Oliver was very happy that he got people to clap for him. I was too. I was beginning to think he was starting to change some of the students opinions. Once we were at the apartment, I invited Oliver over to study the test we had in English. We studied for a long time, because I needed help on one part. After that we talked about random things, which I really didn't remember.

"Len, what's your home like?" Oliver asked after we were done talking about the random things.

"It's nice, lots a people there. Most people there are nice," I replied.

"Really?"

"Yep."

"I would love to go there.. Only if I had enough money."

"I'm sure you'll go there when your older."

"I hope so."

Oliver looked around for a moment, before he looked at me again. I wasn't sure what he was thinking, but I small smile appear on his face.

"Do you want a snack?" He asked.

"Sure," I say.

"Okay, wait here," he said as he got up and exited my apartment room.

I had no idea was he was going to get, but I had a good idea that it was going to be good. I didn't think I every had something that Oliver made himself and I was excited to see what it was. Oliver came in. He had a big smile on his and has carrying plate. He suddenly tripped and landed on top of me. I was surprised when I felt his lips upon mine. Oliver realized what he did and quickly got off of me. I sat up and looked at him. His cheeks were red and he looked like he was close to crying. He set the plate on the counter, before he quickly left the room again. I got up and went after him, but when I got to his door, I found that he locked it. I didn't understand why he would lock me out. I didn't understand what I did wrong. I stood in front of the door for a few moments, before heading back to my room. I saw the plate again and I went over to it. There was something that covered it, so I removed it. Underneath were cookies and a note. I took the note and opened it.

I made some cookies for you. I hope you like them!

-Oliver

I stared at the note for a moment, before I grabbed my backpack and took out a piece of paper. I wrote something in it and it exited the room. I went to Oliver's door again and slid the note under it, before I went back my room to enjoy the cookies that Oliver had made for me.