Chapter 4 - Miku is Stupid

The weekend went by fast and I could say that it went better then I expected. I went into the city a few times a day, just to walk around and find new stores. I bought myself a sketchbook, so the Oliver wouldn't feel left out. I even drew a few pictures of my own, but they weren't as good as Oliver's. Now that I was sitting in class, next to Oliver, who was drawing, I watched him as he draw. For some reason, I was getting so many ideas, so I began to draw as well. I knew that some of the kids were staring, as if they couldn't believe that I was being nice. I wasn't like them, I was a nice person. After class, Oliver and I said our goodbyes, before I headed off to lunch and as always, Miku was walking next to me. I didn't like her, so I would sometimes take a different route to the cafeteria. I would even sit alone in the courtyard. Oliver has told me that he sits out here all the time, even when it's raining. He said he loved to watch the birds fly around and when it was raining, he would watch the rain fall. As I sat at the table, Miku's friends looked at me, but didn't say anything. I liked it when they were quiet and it made me feel happy. Miku sat at the table and stared at me.

"It seems that you and Oliver have became friends," she said, almost in a disgusted voice.

"If you haven't noticed, I'm not like you guys, I befriend anyone, and I don't befriend people who are jerks," I say.

I had enough of this blue-haired girl saying mean things about people, even to her own friends.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

I didn't care if I got in trouble for saying rude things, all I wanted was to put her in her place. And if anyone is getting in trouble, it would be Miku.

"Why are you going aganist my rules?"

"Your rules don't apply to me."

She growled. I finished my meal, before getting up and leaving the table. I returned my tray and went to the court yard. I sat underneath the only tree and I took out my sketchbook. When I turned to a new page, I saw a little note.

Thank you for being nice to me, but please don't get to close. They'll tease you, mock you. We can still be friends, but I don't want you to get hurt because of me. By the way, your drawings are super cool.

-Oliver

Just looking at the note, I felt sad. No one, except Miku even cares. They never said anything to me, they don't tell me to leave him. Miku was just jealous, because the unpopular kid gets a very famous friend. I smiled at the last sentence. I was happy that he liked my drawings. I turned to a new page and quickly drew a sloppy drawing a Miku. And in Japanese, I wrote done, "Miku is Stupid." My small temper went away after I drew the picture and I smiled, since I knew the quote was true.

Miku is stupid.