Chapter 9 - Oliver's Presentation

Today was our presentation. I was excited to do mine, but I wasn't sure if Oliver was ready. He was looking kind of nervous, yet he was putting on his best smiling face. I wanted to more about Oliver and there was so much that he wouldn't say to m and that just made me more carious. When class began, Mr. Lav said a few things which I didn't really care for. I saw the most of the other students were looking nervous. And one by one, the students got up and did their presentation. And now that most of the students go up and told us about their families and about theirselves, now it was Oliver's turn. I told him good luck and he smiled at me. He went up the front, where the screen was and the presentation was ready. He tapped the screen and it went to another slide.

"Well.. Um.. About my family, I don't know who my mother and father are. I believe they abandoned me," Oliver started.

"I was raised as an orphan until a nice lady wanted to take care of me. She was amazed by my singing voice and all she did was get money for herself. She didn't take care of me and that's why I'm so sick."

I sudden felt bad. That smile that he wore everyday was covering up the pain that he suffered and I couldn't imagine living a life that he had.

"Well I managed on my own, and I got myself enough money to escape her and I came here. I have never went to school, so I thought why not go, maybe make some friends," Oliver paused, "well, enough about my family or whatever you want to call it, I want to talk about me. I love to draw, it usually helps calm myself, and I love to go out in the city and eat food."

I glances around the room for a moment and I saw that most of the students were listening, but others were talking amongst themselves. And for once, Miku was listening. Oliver tapped the screen and moved to a picture of cat.

"My cat, which is at my apartment, is a good friend of mine. I don't have a name for her, since I don't have any name suggestions."

Oliver continued his way though his presentation, saying stuff about his dreams and his job he wants to have. And when he was done, two or three students clapped, including me. Oliver was happy that someone else had clapped for him. I was happy for him too and I was sure that his presentation had touched a few hearts in the class room.

Oliver came over to me and sat down. I was about to say something, but when I looked at him and saw that tears were streaming down from his good eyes.

But his smile was priceless.