Chapter 8 - Beginning a Presentation and a Note

The next day I talking to the English teacher and asked him if we could do a presentation about ourselves and he asked me why.

"So that everyone can have a chance to get to know about each other," I said.

I knew that we haven't did a presentation about ourselves, but I felt that this was the way that make people see who Oliver really is and he doesn't deserve this. Mr. Lav gave a nod and I went to sit down before the class started. And just as I expected, Oliver came into the classroom and sat next to me. When the class was settled and everyone went quiet, Mr. Lav began to talk.

"Our next assignment will be making a presentation about yourselves," he said.

I heard whispers all around me, some eyes were on Oliver. The blonde was smiling, not caring about the eyes that were on him. I didn't even know what's going in his life and I wanted to know, and maybe this would help me learn more. I too was excited to make my presentation. I know people knew me because of the singing, but they would need to see my other life as well. Mr. Lav have the instructions before letting the students get the chromebooks. I had my own laptop at the apartment and I could use the pictures on my camera for the photo's. I got my chromebook and went back to my seat and began to work on it.

By the end of the hour, I was finished with my slides and I put the chromebook away, before leaving class to go to lunch. Miku was following me, but was talking to her friends. I ignored the comments and got my meal and went to the courtyard, so that I could eat in peace. I was always a little bummed because Oliver had a different lunch than I had. I thought it was a little unfair. After lunch I went to my next two classes and before I knew it, I was heading to the secret garden with Oliver. He was going on about a girl who tripped an fell on the hallway and her papers scattered. A group of boys and girls around her laughed.

"I stepped in and said stop laughing. That group of kids looked at me and said, 'Oh, what are going to do about it?' I ignored them and asked the girl was alright."

"Was she okay?" I asked.

"Yep, she looked at me and gave a nod. I then picked up her scattered papers and handed them back go her and she said thank you. And believe it of not, the girl is one of my bullies."

"She was one of your bullies yet she said thank you?"

"Maybe you were right. Maybe people will open up to me."

"I sure they will, if that girl was you bully and she said thank you, I'm sure she's seeing who you really are."

We entered the garden and went over the bench. We sat and stared at the bright garden. I noticed the Oliver digging though his bag, trying to find something.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"I note. The girl said to hand to you."

"Your bully?"

"Yea."

He found what he was looking and handed the note to me. I took it and stared at it for a moment, before opening it.

Dear Len,

It's really great that you and Oliver are becoming friends, but you need to stop. Miku will come after you like she did to his friends. She will do anything to make him feel miserable. If you want to stay friends, it's up to you to protect him, since there's no one else who will.

- Miranda

I closed the note and shoved the note in my pocket. I didn't really care on what Miku thought, Oliver is a nice person to hang out with.

"What did it say?" Oliver asked.

"Nothing really," I replied.

Oliver stared at me as he didn't believe me, but he gave a smile.

"All right, should we get going?" He asked.

"Sure," I gave a nod and got up and lead the way out of the garden.